• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Like "Trump card", "Trumpet", etc. once he's out of the oval office. Not just here in this country, but around the world too.

Bringing up his name will only remind everyone about that douchebag. His name has been tarnished beyond repair.

Last edited:

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Prolly not. The word was around before the moron, it'll be around after him. It's too generic a word to be washed from history.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Are we banning the word bushel too? How about bushido? Buschwhack?

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Too many idiots have paid him money to use his name for that to happen. Most of the stuff people think he owns he just got paid to use the name.

Richard Branson does the same shit with Virgin.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
source.gif

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, no.

If you associate benign words like those with him, that's on you for letting him stay rent free in your head after he's out.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
this is ridiculous, but I'll say that anytime I use the phrase trump card now, I get annoyed that I can't help but think of the thing.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to pick between letting trump continue to fuck up the world or losing the ability to use a very common word I'd lose the word in a heartbeat.

but I'm kinda hoping the world isn't really that stupid.

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously? Trump is small-time compared to other "evil" world leaders and none of their names are banned. What a strange overreaction.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like "Trump card", "Trumpet", etc. once he's out of the oval office. Not just here in this country, but around the world too.

Bringing up his name will only remind everyone about that douchebag. His name has been tarnished beyond repair.

i thought of this the other day

i think Trump will mean something like "idiot" in the future

kind of like Quisling means traitor today (from the norwegian traitor during ww2)

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Uh who is it exactly that is going to be instituting and enforcing this ban? And for what purpose?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I can tell you I don't use the phrase "x trumps y" anymore. But no, it's laughable to imagine any word or phrase with "trump" in would be banned. What would be the point, anyway? It's not a racial slur or something. It's the name of a family of privileged morons.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No joke, this actually lead to drama at a local sandwich place which had a sandwich named The Trump, based on the fact that the sandwich was basically a tale of how some guy can make a sandwich more and more outrageous every single time he visited

Status
Not open for further replies.