• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I have played Bloober Team games. To be frankly honest it's really not that special. It's just bunch of the one moment that you know it's there, The twist is there you just have to play the whole game so you can say "oh my god that was goodesh ah!".
If the rumors are true about The studio that I mentioned is actually working on the next Silent Hill title. It's really not worth the waiting for. The game needs the developers that understand the game how it works. every Silent hill game that been made by western dev surprisingly been copying SH2 for it's twist and turns "forgetting" your past your criminal history is not a Silent hill game (yes SH2 does because it's SH2 and was made for SH2, it's not a part of the town making you forgetting things).
Silent hill downpour at least tried and way better than Homecoming.

Take Silent hill 4 for example linking it with SH2 by single news paper that you find in dumpster in SH2 is a great example how linking games with each one and another. Even if SH4 was not a SH game originally but yet it's a very well done game that was made after all.

Silent Hill 3 The game is linked with SH1 but yet killing a main character from SH1 was really very well done. not showing the character face.

on the other hand Silent hill Downpour was also a great example how to expand the town map. A new start.. a new information about the town history. Not like SH origin or Zero whatever you call that game is but taking something that was the foundation of the game's lore and making it your special meal of the day was really a good choice since you are not following the rules and following the original game that was taken from. But here I am forced to see that game in game sites and Wike pages for mentioning the game multiple times as it is a part of the history of the lore despite the game not really that good in terms of the story.

We have been eager to see a new silent hill from a japanese studio. it's not that western studios are not good. They are good, they have made really good horror games and thanks to the indie western studios. Horror games are back (although more now a day those indie horror titles are hide and seek) . But japanese games are made by them, They understand how horror game like silent hill works because it was made by them (Team silent is not there anymore but most of them worked under Kojima before the whole shot show between Kojima and Konami happened we've got P.T.) They have new ways to make you scared for new things that never been thought of before. One more thing about Kojima and P.T (That is another topic not on this thread).

It's not about it's not a japaned dev studio but it's a silent hill game. It's hard to make one game because it's not simple to make one that the fans will be happy about. It's not Resident Evil title that is easy to make a game from since there is not actually deep lore about Resident Evil anyway (Oh please like Resident Evil has that deep lore all the lore it is having is about umbrella, G, C V X Y Z .. viruses anyway lol).

This thread is not about Bloober Team it's about the rumor that studio is making the game. It's not that Bloober Team is not good, They are good... They are... but they are just like previous out sourced developers that worked on SH 0, Homecoming, SM.

Last edited:

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
They are a bit hit or miss I'll give you that, but hopefully they have a larger budget this time, plus they're pretty good at atmosphere eg observer.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
For one, why are you using quotations for something you are saying yourself? That's what you do when you quote someone, not when you're just saying something. For two, unbold your post.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure how they went from basement crawl to where they are now. That's quite the come up

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The best SH is Shattered Memories in my eyes so I don't mind a Western Studio trying again.

That said I also know that is a minority opinion, so I much rather it not be Blooper Team if only for the Silent Hill Community at large getting the game they've been wishing for.

I got to say the way you shit on RE's lore kinda hurts any good will you've had.

Wether you like it or not, RE's lore and characters are beloved and it's not fucking easy, RE games are heavily critiqued and I'm not talking spin offs, many hate on 5/6 and many even bitch about 4 and how it throws a lot of the lore out the window.

Last edited:

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like an extraordinarily negative, entitled, and ultimately shortsighted take. That's the most diplomatic way I can put it.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Their games are pretty mediocre, but so are a lot of the Silent Hill games. Especailly the later stuff, so it is probably fine if they have an increased budget and all of that.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that it's not worth the wait is odd to me. It's not like whatever Bloober are doing is supposed to be a re purposed Silent Hills or something.

It's fine if you'd rather Silent Hill stay dead than to have yet another botched attempt at recapturing the magic, but I personally don't see the harm in giving a studio like Bloober a shot.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
i think people would rather have a great silent hill title than a mediocre one, considering how many mediocre silent hill games there have been released already. no one really wants the C team making the comeback title in a beloved series that got driven into the ground by mediocre titles.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I don't know if the derail's fault is the bad formation in the OP or the fact that you people don't want to discuss the subject and rather mess with OP's bad formation
(and making this questioning I am also helping the derail)

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
If the rumors are true, I think they'll nail environment design, but they'll need help with animation and I'm not sure if they've ever done combat, having only played Observer and The Medium. The Medium was a big step up in voice work, though still really uneven.

If Bloober gets some consulting with combat along with a bigger budget, I think it's got a fair shot of being solid. If it has no combat, I'll probably watch it on youtube instead.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
Maybe let them make the game first? Idk, maybe that's a bizarre idea or something
tumblr_mgg5i7QZw01qh1g19o1_500.gif

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I can understand long time fans being disappointed as they were probably hoping for a top tier developer to bring the series back to its GOTY level glory.

But that is like over 15 years ago. It is time to accept this is where Silent Hill is.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I don't know if the derail's fault is the bad formation in the OP or the fact that you people don't want to discuss the subject and rather mess with OP's bad formation
(and making this questioning I am also helping the derail)
it's like going back to school... tell me about it.

I can understand long time fans being disappointed as they were probably hoping for a top tier developer to bring the series back to its GOTY level glory.

But that is like over 15 years ago. It is time to accept this is where Silent Hill is.

crrbjMt.gif

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
But there are supposedly two Silent Hill games! A little too early to fall into despair. They might not even be real :P

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Bloober Team's games have ranged in quality (I actually quite liked Layers of Fear 2) but I will give them one thing - they've always managed to keep their fonts a uniform size.

Status
Not open for further replies.