• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
So when Trump became President of the US, he exploited loopholes and tore through "traditions" to hold onto and exert his power. I've always heard that the Queen doesn't have any real power and that parliament really calls the shots in the UK, but how much of that is based on the same "traditions" that Trump ignored and how much of that is actual law? I'm just curious as to what would happen if a power hungry maniac became King/Queen and what they would actually be able to get away with.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I don't want to write your speculative fiction for you.

Plenty of assholes became kings. Go look at those.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
He would really have fuck all to say really and he could start trouble and create a constitutional crisis if he decided to go against what the elected government is doing.

But that would bring about the end of the monarchy and in reality the Queen is nothing more than a symbolic figurehead with no actual power.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
But that would bring about the end of the monarchy and in reality the Queen is nothing more than a symbolic figurehead with no actual power.

They super fucking rich and have existed for generations with deep ties to nearly every aspect of the British political machine and beyond. They have a ton of power.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
He'd be happier than a pig in shit. He'd get all of the attention and pageantry he craves, but none of the actual responsibilities of governing.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Prince Philip has a history of appaling and racist comments. It wouldn't be that different except Trump would live longer and I assume tourists wouldn't buy as many souvenirs

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
OP you were asking for trouble traumatizing us with the idea of Donald Trump back in power anywhere, shoulda kept it more general

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Absolutely nothing. The Queen's remaining powers are there only by virtue of tradition, deference and the Royal Household's influence. If the executive wanted to act against her they'd get rid right quick. If anything the lack of a formal written constitution could help the executive and legislature quickly adapt to the situation.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Based on the stupid people in the U.S. he'd somehow convince the stupid people in the U.K. that the monarchy needs to have its power expanded again.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If the executive wanted to act against her they'd get rid right quick.
Keyword: If.

If Congress had wanted to act against Trunp, they'd have gotten rid of him right quick.

You think your current administration, and your current tabloid media, wouldn't be thrilled to have a Trump-alike as their monarch?

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally dressed as this.

timetrump_060718time.jpg

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Keyword: If.

If Congress had wanted to act against Trunp, they'd have gotten rid of him right quick.

You think your current administration, and your current tabloid media, wouldn't be thrilled to have a Trump-alike as their monarch?

I think they'd hate it. The Prime Minister calls the shots, having someone like Trump around trying to call the shots instead would very quickly lead to the Prime Minister and Executive asserting their power.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
We are limiting threads involving Trump to only those based on important or breaking news. As such this thread has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.