• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who would you vote for if the election was today?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Beto O'Rourke

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other or Undecided

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious where EtcetEra stands as of now on their choice for 2020. Could also do another poll in 4 months or so and see where people are at that point. You can only vote for one and I tried to include everyone, but ran out of options. Sorry if your candidate of choice is not an option in the poll. Trump is not included because this is Resetera. If you're voting for 'Other' feel free to post who your choice would be.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oh probably Dotard Trombone, the only rube with enough 'tude to say screw your fancy pants ethics, screw the little people with their different colors and sex fetishes, and screw the barriers that you or your wife, girlfriend, or daughter place between my hand and their pussy.

Yeeeeehaw, Land of the Free, baby!

Jan 15, 2019
Real close between Kamala and Pete. Voted Pete to show him some love since I figured Kamala would get enough votes without me.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I think if you're doing a thread based on the scenario of "if it were today", having undecided as an option kinda defeats the point.

I'm going Warren for legislation. Though I would vote for any of the Democrats over the Republicans, I really don't like some of these candidates. Especially Biden and Harris. Harris' transphobic record is blatant, but I guess most people don't care about that.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
1. Bernie
2. Harris
3. Warren

I don't have especially strong feelings about anyone after that. Buttigieg seems promising but I haven't looked all that closely at him. Beto strikes me as a walking platitude but I'm slowly feeling better about him as time goes on.

Please don't be Biden.

Oct 25, 2017
Warren. I feel like she has actual real plans for this country, and isn't afraid to not take the high road sometimes either. I feel like Booker, Biden and O'Rourke will been like Beckham. Bernie is a second.

OP
OP
tommy7154

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if you're doing a thread based on the scenario of "if it were today", having undecided as an option kinda defeats the point.

I'm going Warren for legislation. Though I would vote for any of the Democrats over the Republicans, I really don't like some of these candidates. Especially Biden and Harris. Harris' transphobic record is blatant, but I guess most people don't care about that.
Maybe I should have included Booker and removed other/undecided? And I had no idea Harris had a transphobic record. I already ruled her out personally for other reasons but that's interesting.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Probably Sanders. I like Warren more, but I think Bernie has a much larger chance of winning. I'd wanna contribute to the progressive most likely to make it out of the primary.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Maybe I should have included Booker and removed other/undecided?
I guess Other has a place, but for the simulated voting premise having them all be concrete options might help.

Also though Kamala has enabled a culture of transphobia, that was far from the worst stuff Harris had done in her prosecuting career. That behaviour just hits a personal nerve for me.

OP
OP
tommy7154

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow everybody neck and neck so far aside from Biden and Sanders. It'll be interesting to see how/if this changes once the debates start and some of these people get their names out there more.

Honestly I love that Buttigieg is competing here. Good stuff.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Beto for me. While policy is not as established as some of the others, I think he's proven to be thoughtful, intelligent,kind and a clear understanding of the issues facing our society,. I trust him to always do the morally right and intelligent thing, and is the only one who can get the country on the same page.

While it's not popular with ERA, dragging the red states kicking and screaming into a progressive society and government is just not going to work without someone who can appeal to their sensibilities and won't stoke their fears.

I love Bernie, Warren, Harris, and many of the others up there, I just don't see the being able to push a progressive agenda to those states, and Beto can like he did in Texas. It's maybe not the push for change many of us would like, but I think he's the only candidate who can get widespread support in those regions.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
As long as Mayor De Blasio doesn't run we are good. Man has "some" good ideas but he is not ready to run for president. This is coming from someone who voted for him.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bernie beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would prefer a younger progressive with his endorsement, but as it stands, the only one even close to his ideology is Warren, and she's given the right too much ammo to actually win an election.

Liberals seem to consistently forget that Donald Trump the candidate is a significantly different and more popular person than Donald Trump the president, and underestimate his chances in 2020 as a result. Bernie consistently polls as the most popular politician in the country. If we're talking about who can actually beat Trump... there ya go.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Uhhh I don't know if anyone would cop to it but not having Trump in the poll is kinda weird considering he has about a 50/50 chance at winning outright

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Bernie consistently polls as the most popular politician in the country. If we're talking about who can actually beat Trump... there ya go.

The problem is Bernie has never translated that into votes. Maybe he can do that this election, but until then all it is is a poll. Bernie's going to need more than that to defeat Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.