• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Today, Eurogamer also confirmed they heard about The Switch "Pro" and Switch "Mini", they said they heard the Switch Pro will be an upgrade like 3DS to New 3DS so better than a lot expected (mind you it won't be more powerful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X but nobody expected that).

For the Switch Mini I think Animal Crossing or Pokemon would be a great title to help push that.

But for the Switch Pro, Nintendo's obviously going to want a more graphically intense game to show off the difference, now originally I thought we wouldn't get a Switch Pro like device until 2020 and It would launch with the new 3D Zelda, but if it is coming out this year I am not really sure what title from Nintendo can really showcase an upgrade (be it upgrade games that ran in 900p and now would be 1080p).

Dragon Quest XI and Doom Eternal make sense third party wise, but do you think it would be a third party title they would launch it with?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon

I'm serious. an AC bundle with Animal Crossing's launch, and when Pokemon launches, a bundle with the Pro

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the way to get me would be to just improve already released titles that I currently own.

Ahem, XBC2.

Oct 25, 2017
Doom would be a good showcase.
DQXIS too, maybe

From Nintendo, Astral Chain is the only tech showcase they have announced so far

Last edited:

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Patches for the best games on Switch. BotW and Odyssey with good visuals is probably a better showcase than Pokemon or AC.

Ideally Metroid Prime 4, but lol.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Link's Awakening, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain

EDIT: Wait, I forgot my Switch Pro prediction was that it's VR sooo.... Star Fox Grand Prix.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I want that regardless of the Pro.

For a game that would benefit from a little extra graphical boost, I dont care about anything new launching, but I would like for existing games to get updated to support it, like having higher (native 720p) handheld resolutions on games like Snake Pass, Mario and Rabbids, or Captain Toad. And games to have better performance like BOTW or Starlink.

And like the New 3DS did with having SNES games playable since it was powerful enough, have the Switch Pro launch with N64 games.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
I don't think there will necessarily be a 'difference'.

I think it will just be a new better model of the current Switch which runs a bit faster, with maybe an improved handheld performance.

They'll stop selling the original and this will just replace it like how the Xbox One S replaced the OG Xbox.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
If the 3DS line is anything to look to for analysis, the new Switch model might not even come with a dock let alone a new game.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Read Dead Redemption 2. Only playable on switch pro

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Monster Hunter World

That's my take. Come at me.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It won't launch with anything. There won't be any new unannounced games to take advantage of the small boost in power. You'll get a Pokemon bundle at the end of the year and be happy with it.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't it rumored to be the equivalent to a "new 3DS" upgrade? Maybe they'll release a Zelda: BotW Game of the Generation Edition, which includes all DLC, and an extra 5 fps across the board.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it rumored to be the equivalent to a "new 3DS" upgrade? Maybe they'll release a Zelda: BotW Game of the Generation Edition, which includes all DLC, and an extra 5 fps across the board.
Yeah, it is.

Also, Zelda runs well now outside of a few areas.
Don't think they'd patch it to hit 1080p but I guess that would be nice

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Pokemon

I'm serious. an AC bundle with Animal Crossing's launch, and when Pokemon launches, a bundle with the Pro
First post nails it. If you're selling new hardware in 2019 and your name is Nintendo, then you want the Pokemon game bundled with it. That's IF it's really happening in 2019. They'd be insane not to.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Astral Chain is as open as we think it is, it's gonna need that improved CPU.

But the game isn't going to push systems, so either they'll bundle the Pro with Link's Awakening or Pokemon SS

Status
Not open for further replies.