• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
After seeing people complain in the Fortnite thread I checked for myself and... yikes. You can't even log in to the store which means you're locked out of any games that need it open, this is pretty bad. It's a testament to how big Fortnite is at least, straight up crashing the online store that hosts it.

jayvo

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, thought I'd play some Borderlands 3 this afternoon. Can't do anything right now.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I can play the one game I've bought through EGS, Outer Wilds, perfectly fine.

Cause it's DRM free, and doesn't need the client to run.

Please devs, release all your games DRM free.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Reminder that yesterday was the International Anti-DRM Day.

Support DRM-free devs and GOG.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I can play the one game I've bought through EGS, Outer Wilds, perfectly fine.

Cause it's DRM free, and doesn't need the client to run.

Please devs, release all your games DRM free.
At least after it's cracked, at that point you're just fucking over customers.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
I was able just a few mins ago to launch borderlands 3, so some poeple can play their games.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I mean as much as I dislike EGS I can't really say it's anything special? Stuff like that happens and Steam had the same thing just some weeks back. There was a 40 mins or so downtime where if you were not already logged in you couldn't access your games. It's just the nature of DRM. If the server that keep the games locked up is down then you're out of luck.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
i just checked and i'd been logged out of the store with a "connection lost" message. restarting the egs client now presents a 500 error, but then i can get to my library.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
i just checked and i'd been logged out of the store with a "connection lost" message. restarting the egs client now presents a 500 error, but then i can get to my library.

When I click on the available button at the 505 screen, Home, I get to the store but isn't signed in to my account, and don't have the library tab visible.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm, mine is fine.

FWIW this happens to me with Steam on Tuesdays when they do maintenance. I wasn't able to fallback to Offline mode for whatever reason last time.

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
I was able to launch Celeste. Signing in timed out, but the launcher started and then I clicked Launch for Celeste and it did start, though it took a minute or so.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I can't log in either. Because I don't have an account.

Anyway, guess an offline mode is on the roadmap?
Does EGS have a cart yet?

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Most game I have from the EGS don't even need the EGS to be running to work. Subnautica seems to be the only one that doesn't load without it.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
They weren't kidding about the new season of Fortnite. Maybe epic is also using this season to re-release a half decent client.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Right now the client seems okay, though it does take a while to load in. The store seems glitchy and I can't claim the free copy of Surviving Mars. It does look like whatever the client's doing when it launches could potentially time out and leave you with no usable UI, though, which is bad.

I'm just going to leave it on Library for the time being and cross my fingers it'll still be there when I play some Control later. FWIW I was able to get Control to launch from EGS just fine.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Most game I have from the EGS don't even need the EGS to be running to work. Subnautica seems to be the only one that doesn't load without it.

If you look at the log file for the EGS client, you can see what arguments the game is started with. Create a shortcut with the same arguments, and you can run Subnautica without the client as well.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
This pile of software crap needs an offline mode. Can't log in, can't even play Borderlands 3 in single player mode. There goes my evening with my friend playing BL3.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
When I click on the available button at the 505 screen, Home, I get to the store but isn't signed in to my account, and don't have the library tab visible.

yeah im not signed in on the home page either, but luckily it seems like my library is still available. basically it's a clusterfuck.

dlemarc

Oct 31, 2017
Can the title be edited? Obviously there are login issues, but people are able to launch previously downloaded games while not being signed in. I tried Control, Mutant Year Zero, GNOG and Subnautica, and they all launched. GNOG and Subnautica didn't work from my desktop shortcuts, but they worked in the launcher while I'm signed out.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also, in case this doesn't work, it may be possible to just launch the game through its executable. It seems like there are a surprising amount of games on EGS that don't actually need to use the Epic launcher (aside from downloading the game and updates). For example, Control and Griftlands don't need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.