• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im not sure this is the right place for this post but didnt find any better place.
So today we got some update to ERA.
I usually ignore all the threads im not interested so I can see easily all the stuff I want.

Its funny I was just thinking about this 2 days ago and wishing there was tickbox on the main view to choose threads and then you could watch/ignore/etc them so it would be easier and faster.
Todays update made ignoring even slower with adding 1 extra click to confirm you want to ignore it, thats a lot of extra clicks if you ignore 90% of the threads on first 5 pages.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine my dilemma. I wish I could just ignore all the threads that aren't about Game of Thrones.

Oct 25, 2017
Todays update made ignoring even slower with adding 1 extra click to confirm you want to ignore it, thats a lot of extra clicks if you ignore 90% of the threads on first 5 pages.
That seems like so much work. Wouldn't it be faster to just "watch" the threads you do care about and just track them on your watched list?

OP
OP
Vipu

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know people actually used that feature. I want my forums raw and unfiltered.

Yeah, I never used it before until few days ago, its really good feature.
There is so many threads about so many things I have 0 interest in just making the pages filled and harder to spot the stuff I really might want to read.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I've only ever ignored threads by mistake because the Ignore button was always too close to the "switch pages" buttons on mobile

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Im not sure this is the right place for this post but didnt find any better place.
So today we got some update to ERA.
I usually ignore all the threads im not interested so I can see easily all the stuff I want.

Its funny I was just thinking about this 2 days ago and wishing there was tickbox on the main view to choose threads and then you could watch/ignore/etc them so it would be easier and faster.

Yeah, and it also disabled the whole ignore board feature, which is really annoying since this board and the archives I often ignore due to anxiety/repetitive posts/cleaner experience. I had them all muted and now they flooded back on my home page (ironically as I learned how to hide the sidebar which would still show stuff from this site)

Best feature on the site, by a wide margin. One person can only handle so many Trump threads

Pretty much. That and all the angst and random complaining from people or the newest essay from someone on how the world sucks or is bad or any other thing to spike up a person's anxiety. I come here for gaming talk or stuff about the gaming world and people in it and since I don't think anyone here is gonna be talking about stuff like Super Sentai or Inuyasha in this board much there's little loss from me ignoring the entirety of this board so I don't get why the option is gone.

I also don't get why there's a confirmation for individual threads now since it seemed super simple to undo if you messed up. Wonder if adding that is also what caused the ignore board feature to go poof

OP
OP
Vipu

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That seems like so much work. Wouldn't it be faster to just "watch" the threads you do care about and just track them on your watched list?

Yeah it is a bit of work but if I keep doing it its not that bad.
If I follow stuff I want it doesnt make following new stuff easier because there is 5 new threads I might want to check but so hard to find because other 95 are making it a mess.

Here's a link to the Tampermonkey script thread

Lets you filter out keywords and hide threads without having to click into them.

Thx, I will check that out at some point.
Edit: checking it now but cant get it to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.