• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I had hardware issues in the past, where analog sticks would get powdery coatings mear where the hinges are, and sometimes have issues that require replacing hardware, so it can function correctly.

But instead of complaining about it online, I'm the type of person who just eats up the cost, buy the replacement or ask to have the manufacturer take a look at the issue, and stay silent after reporting it.

Sometimes, I get lucky, and had swapped out hardware 3 times, before it was finally working properly. Sometimes, a quick call after, they sent in a new replacement while letting me keep the old one.

But all of the issues I had, the common thing here is that I just pay more for the same product, usually shipping and handling, or that I pay for the repair cost.

I just don't like complaining online. And probably will never even bother.

I just feel lonely.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine if no one ever complained about the RROD.

Microsoft never would have extended warranties, or even addressed the root of the hardware fault.

Most advanced economies have reasonably robust consumer protection laws. For a reason.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
If your food is cold, do you just eat it silently and give the waiter a full tip.

... but yeah, I had Joy Con drift, I figured that was normal wear and tear and got another one. Still, hearing that it's a more common issue than I thought is emboldening.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
It's called being non confrontational I guess but in that case it's not really worth it...

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Imagine if no one ever complained about the RROD.

Microsoft never would have extended warranties, or even addressed the root of the hardware fault.

Most advanced economies have reasonably robust consumer protection laws. For a reason.
Exactly, the RROD situation was already solved before I bought my Xbox 360, so I can't say much about the whole experience.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
im kinda the same. i just do warranty and call it a day. i rarely have an issue tho with my purchases.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you made a thread to show how you don't make threads to complain

complaining about how others make threads complaining

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

*Only true gamers stay silent*

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
you made a thread to show how you don't make threads to complain

complaining about how others make threads complaining
Hmmm, you do have a point. I'm complaining because I feel alone in my situation, where it's uncommon on the forums, where everyone complains and does PSAs on hardware defects.

In that regard, I felt like my thread is made in a bad taste. Closing thread, as it will get derailed easily.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, you do have a point. I'm complaining because I feel alone in my situation, where it's uncommon on the forums, where everyone complains and does PSAs on hardware defects.

In that regard, I felt like my thread is made in a bad taste. Closing thread, as it will get derailed easily.
Dude, everyone can have a mulfunction and a case for warranty. That can and will always happen.
But there are faults in hardware by design and by not speaking about it and complaining about it, companies
won't do jack shit. Look at RROD or the Left Joy-Con

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
You really should never say you are the only person who X on a forum.

Guess what, the people who don't complain on forums... Don't complain.. so you won't see them in those topics. But there are still plenty of them.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I've had two 2080 reference cards Fans crap out after 3-4 months. One was rma.. but I'm thinking of buying a partner 2080 now

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft would still be selling RROD Xbox's today if everyone stayed silent

Status
Not open for further replies.