• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Microaggressions towards the Black community, abuse of the report system; long history of inflammatory behavior and severe bans.
Since we are just around tons of announcement, i just wanted to get this out. Hip hop is the new dubstep.

Seems like AAA competitive shooting game these days use hip hop in it's reveal trailers. I already doesn't respect games that don't do OST, but most of the times is just a ultra generic song being played that rarely even show up during actual gameplay.

So, please, tone it down in the next few weeks. Thx, bye.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I've been tired of games pretending the largest music genre on the planet for the past 30 odd years didn't exist and leaving rap music out when it clearly would've fit.

Even with the artists I don't like, I want them to do more if it. It at least pays some lip service to the fact that black people buy this shit too.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3ad.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only annoyed when it's a bizarre fit that makes no sense like the recent Hoods: Outlaws and Legends one. Works fine for Mortal Kombat and stuff, though some of it isn't punchy enough for my taste.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
That is what generation Z likes (on average)

can't rule out a gta6 reveal trailer with some tik tok in it

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
This but with dubstep remix of rock music for historical world war 1 shooters.

Although I do agree somewhat, there are times where a good hip-hop track fits really well (MK11) and times where it really does not (hood: outlaws)

Oct 26, 2017
imo, absolutely HATE any licensed song used.

ESPECIALLY if it's a cover song.

The Creep cover for the new Life is Strange game... terrible.

The "Heart Shaped Box" cover for Infamous Second Son... infamously bad.

"Something in the Way" playing over the top of Batman 2022 is one of the only trailers that has ever had a good licensed song.

Write your own music that actually fits the tone. Whether that is traditional vgm stuff, classical, metal, pop, hip-hop, etc.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I only agree with you only in so much as I'd like to see the hip hop music represented in the games themselves more. It's a sorely underused genre of music that only ever seems to get mainstream use when they're trying to set a 'grimy' atmosphere. It should be used more liberally, not less.

Even if it's not synced or edited perfectly, this is still one of my favorite trailers.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
The most popular genre is pop, so I guess Taylor Swift in all our game reveal trailers.

(I would prefer this over hip hop actually)

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm with you OP. How can I cry hype tears over this toy commercial with all this nigger music drowning out my excitement?

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I only agree with you only in so much as I'd like to see the hip hop music represented in the games themselves more. It's a sorely underused genre of music that only ever seems to get mainstream use when they're trying to set a 'grimy' atmosphere. It should be used more liberally, not less.

Even if it's not synced or edited perfectly, this is still one of my favorite trailers.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really? Outside North America i don't think it's very popular at all.
It definitely is. If you check the most streamed and most popular artists in the world a big chunk of them are either hip-hop artists, heavily influenced by hip-hop, or work extensively with hip-hop acts.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The most popular genre is pop, so I guess Taylor Swift in all our game reveal trailers.

Folklore and Evermore would be perfect for a Life is Strange type of game!

Also, it's better than everything being an overblown but forgettable orchestra piece. Talk about boring.
Depends on the orchestra theme. Most Final Fantasy trailers from the last decade are insanely good.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's mainly tiring when the lyrics are talking up oneself, trying to sound like a badass. Sadly sums up the toxic masculinity and male insecurity that's rampant in this industry, reinforcing this hobby as a plaything for little boys. Obviously there is more thoughtful hip-hop out there, tho.

Sometimes it fits, though. Mortal Komat has an edge-lord try-hard aesthetic and is self-aware about it, so the music comes off cheeky, which is fun.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

It's not, though. Hip-hop is the most popular genre in the world. Even the shit classified as pop is hip-hop now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.