• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO, Final Fantasy has gone completely downhill after FFX & FFX-2. Despite having big sales, a lot of people are disappointed in FFXV.

Square has lost their edge since then, & there are still a lot of people who prefers a good storyline & characters, decent combat, etc. That is what Square needs to go back to, it's original roots. And bring back either the ATB gameplay, or the turn-based model like with FFX. People are acting like ARPG's are new when they're just as old as turn-based RPG's are.

Let's make Final Fantasy great again. Sorry about the slogan, by the way.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. Keep pushing forward, keep being different. FFXV was a massive success for Square Enix, they should not focus on the tastes of a vocal minority.

They just need to give their games a proper development cycle and polish them more. Final Fantasy is still great.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Let's make mottos not perpetuating racist world leaders' catchphrases, doing PR work for them!

OT: Final Fantasy XIV exists and is excellent, so the premise is flawed.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just finished FFXIV Shadowbringers, they need to do what they did there but in XVI.

Shadowbringers is legit my new favorite FF game and I'm upset some FF fans are going to miss out on it.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

X was the last mainline FF that I enjoyed the battle system in.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
i expect FF games going forward to implement battle systems similar to what we've seen in the FFVII remake.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Is square big enough to be able to make progressive changes to FF games while also making quality classic-style rpgs, ala Nintendo's 2D and 3D mario series?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the idea that FF had lost its edge, but it's now finding its feet by looking forward, not be being held back by the past.

What went wrong with XIII and XV was simply poor directors and bad senior management. The latter has been way better for a while.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't want another final fantasy that has random encounters and turn based system.

XV was a lot of fun and I hope they keep building on it. Marathoned the game in a week. Haven't done that since.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you heard about our lord and savior, Shadowbringers?

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV is the strongest it's ever been and we're on the heels of a great-looking remake of FFVII. FFXV was 3 years ago. It's only going to get better from here.

This thread just feels like an excuse to use an incendiary slogan to rile people up. Kinda gross, OP.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
DetailedAdvancedCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I agree or make a side series in the vein of FF6.

Octopath is not like old FF games.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I do want more turnbased combat but I know we'll probably never get it. The arguments against it irk me to no end but whatever.

Just ONE HD midieval final fantasy more would be nice to have after all the tech-y Jpop stuff.

Have you heard about our lord and savior, Shadowbringers?
Right?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't want another final fantasy that has random encounters and turn based system.

XV was a lot of fun and I hope they keep building on it. Marathoned the game in a week. Haven't done that since.

I really doubt they will create a mainline FF with random encounters again. Even VII Remake isn't going for this direction.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I an happy with all the battle systems in the later Final Fantasy games.

The only thing I miss from the older games is the Victory Fanfare after every battle.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I love a good turn based JRPG and I wouldn't mind it going back at all but I don't think the genre is the problem. XV clearly lacked good direction and it spilled down to the entire game. It felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be.

They need to give Yoshi P a single player FF to direct and watch the magic happen. That man clearly knows what FF should be. FFXIV is a fantastic FF game (The best HD FF in fact) and it is not turn based.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does going back to it's root even mean in this context? It's just a lame, wishy washy term.

Every FF game with a few exceptions are so divorced from each other. Different people make them, different stories, different battle systems.

There have been a couple of lesser games in 13 and 15 (although I quite like huge parts of 15) but 14 is going from strength to strength between that.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
I'll just keep playing XIV and not pay attention to any of the "mainline" games. I hated XIII and it's sequels and I thought XV was a huge dumpster fire.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Make Final Fantasy Great Again? #MFFGA?
Can't see that catching on...

Hey, at least FFXV had Ardyn. FFXIV seems good. I'll agree with you that FF needs a "certain" charm back. That certain something has been lacking ever since Sakaguchi left or SquareSoft became Square-Enix.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope I don't think it does not to mention the bad take regarding the slogan but FFXV is a fantastic game that yes had problems but is worth playing.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
FFXV's combat is fine. If anything, they should go further in the action direction and make a game with combat as fun as Dragon's Dogma and as deep as FFXII.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I'm fascinated to see a new ff world and mythos. We haven't really seen a new one since 2011? Ff xv was still part of xiii's world? I know versus was.
In any case, I think it would be cool to see a non futuristic ff game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.