• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Since Yakuza 7's possible time exclusivity deal is a hot topic in Yakuza 7 threads, I thought this deserved to have its own discussion.

I timestamped the video from where Imran Khan's talk about Yakuza 7 starts and the first question he is answering is "did Microsoft pay for Yakuza 7 exclusivity?"

Lock if old or felt unnecessary.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that should be obvious when you look at Phantasy Star. They are partnering together on a bunch of Sega's games.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I mean, why else would SEGA focus on the platform with zero relevance in Asia.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Most obvious moneyhat of all time. But hope this put the arguments to rest.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017
But I read somewhere on this forum that Microsoft doesn't do it? That they're actually doing the right thing, buying studios instead of paying for timed exclusivity.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean is anyone fucking surprised? Sony moneyhat exclusives, Microsoft moneyhat exclusives, Nintendo moneyhat exclusives.

In other news, the year is 2020 and the sky is blue.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Not suprised. I believe they paid for the localization and English voice cast like they did for PSO2.

Also, Phil's comments were about exclusive content like Spidey in Avengers or the Destiny expansions. His exclusivity comments about not wanting to make consumers "buy what we want when we tell you" was about their cross gen approach, not all platforms. His words get taken out of context often.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
giphy-downsized.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone with a brain should've been able to tell this was happening. You don't skip the primary fanbase of a franchise out of the fucking blue unless money is changing hands.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Where are the galaxy brains that kept insisting that this was impossible, and the PS5 version delay was just the result of limited dev resources, or maybe Sega didn't get a devkit or, or, or...

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think we noticed. Sucks, I hoped MS only negotiated gamepass yakuza deals and ports, not this.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
He's wrong with his very next statement just as an FYI cause Dirt 5 does not support cross save. In fact, the whole segment is speculation.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Someone come in here and say "it's only Imran saying it, no confirmation from MS or Sega"

it's obvious the deal was made. There's been like 7 yakuza games with remakes and remasters on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.