• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So, just a curiosity pick for conversation...

I am by no means a great DMC player. I do alright, i have fun with the game... as i play DMC 5, i decided that it would be best to just pick what i like or know best and just stick with it.

So, Dante for instance... has SO many options it was a bit too much for me. So i decided i would focus on Balrog and Royal Guard. Became decent enough at it that it's not too hard to get that S or SSS in fights and bosses with it. But, Dante is combo heavy, and i put the cash in to have access to my stuff fast and i don't change around much so i understand that...

With V, it's much similar... but V has almost no options. He has his kit. ANd due to story reasons both his move set and power levels make sense to me. But im also ripping S and SSS easily with him. Very little effort actually.

With Nero on the other hand, im struggling all over. Struggling to the "Use gold orb" point. I can barely keep an S rank going. I do taunts and Air Taunts, i Maxed Exceed and have been practicing the timing for exceed hits... but it's no use, Nero just does not flow with me as much as i would like.

So that got me thinking... are Dante and V's just way easier sections of the game? Is Nero just harder to master? Or did i actually just managed to work out best with V and Dante?

Also, been playing on Devil Hunter and no assist if that matters at all...

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Devil Hunter?

After beating the game once at least, and in the harder difficulties I think it's the other way around

From hardest to easiest in my case: Dante > V > Nero

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Devil Hunter is a relatively easy dificulty overall. Things change quite a bit on the higher difficulties.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I think you might just not have your mind wrapped around Nero's toolset since he's probably the easiest character in the game due to how easy it is to stay in the air and pick off enemies from a group. Also as stated above, Demon Hunter is pretty easy with there only being one real difficulty jump near the end.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that on the tougher difficulties it quickly becomes clear that Nero has probably the best balance of a large set of tools that is also super accessible and flexible (whereas I'd say that Dante is more flexible but somewhat less accessible, and he definitely doesn't have access to as many tricks when it comes to singling enemies out from the crowd to take them on one by one), and that V is substantially weaker than the other two characters in ways that make it tougher and tougher to play as him on higher difficulties.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Demon Hunter isn't tough with any of the characters but yeah I also thought Dante and V were pretty broken at times. Especially Dante. I only stuck with using two guns and twos swords and I was bulldozing through everything.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Properly playing Dante is harder than V who is harder than Nero.

Nero is the easiest to learn.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Nero is harder to get SSS with since you can't just hit a change of a button to change your weapon and get a new loadout.

With that being said, once you've played through the game a few times, its really not hard to get SSS easily with everyone.

EDIT: Also people acting like V is hard. You can just mash square and triangle and you will get SSS every single time.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
A tip to get better with Nero, make sure you are using ALL of his combo options. that means using all 6 ground pause combos, and and both air combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.