• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has no real affinity for Star Wars, I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite of the trilogy, it was a fun ride.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't like it, but like Game of Thrones I just don't think about it anymore.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it, but I was high and I usually watch Star Wars with my brain's switch off in order to properly enjoy it.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
a9a4fabf15c607d2b6fddb75231b5041.gif

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
if you asked me right after i saw it i'd say "it was a complete clusterfuck. but a fun one, there was no salvaging this wreck anyway"

but Duel of Fates sounds like it would've shat all over it, if they stuck to the landing

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As someone who doesn't only watch blockbuster movies, it was just a bad movie and I moved on to watch others and forgot about it. Can we agree to do that, watch more things so to avoid getting hung up on some corporate billion dollar franchise? Just seems more healthy use of time.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
No, it was fine. People like you are obnoxious contrarian naysayers. I'm glad the movie makes people like you angry because normal fans of the series are fine with it while you're still here, months later, trying to rally people around hating it.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, the more I reflect on it, the less I like it. Along, with this trilogy as a whole. I'm not even really certain what I was looking for, but it wasn't that..

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the new trilogy.

Not half as good as the OG trilogy but I enjoyed all 3 movies, flaws and all.

We needed this thread though. Would be weird not having a Star Wars thread on the first page.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Any one of the prequel movies was better because at least that trilogy had a vision and a place it wanted to go.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
It wasn't even fun. A trevesty of a movie. Just asspull for story plot left and right that had no cohesive sense of direction. Fucking worst piece of major cinema I've ever seen.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked it and was thoroughly entertained.

I also try not to dwell too much on the "what could have been" because that's been a miserable position to take with Star Wars since the prequels.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I caught that sneaky edit my man. This originally said "good".

I rest my case.
Just edited to make it consistent with the rest of the post. I thought it was good, most people thought it was fine, a vocal minority is outraged like you are.

Again, here you are obnoxiously trying to rally people against a movie you just can't stop thinking about months later. Especially with the "gotcha you edited QED" shit

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it once and really have no desire to ever see it again. Maybe the passage of time will change that... but I doubt it.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I enjoyed my time with it in the theater
But I'm also of the opinion that even the best Star Wars movie is only like an 8 anyways.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was fine. I like TLJ quite a bit more but I thought RTOS was about on par with Force Awakens - kind of dumb/shallow but fun.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The best thing about Rise of Skywalker is that it's making people appreciate The Last Jedi a lot more.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
The first, I don't know, third of it was pretty bad. Towards the middle I'd kind of settled back into: Ehh, this is fine; this is sure some Star Wars alright.

If they'd done away with the mcguffin hunt that takes up much of the early movie (during which they hop into Lando's RV for ten seconds, which just happened to be on this planet for some reason, before taking off again), I'd probably have liked it more. But I don't really hate it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched it for the second time today -- you can rent it for $6 on Amazon.

I think it's pretty enjoyable right up until the 3rd Act, which is just too long and drawn out and introduces a lot of shit out of left field. The first 2/3rds of the film are actually pretty enjoyable outside of the dumb Chewbacca fake out. Having Poe, Finn, and Rey all together going on an adventure is really fun. I think the humor hits way better than it ever did in Last Jedi.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Just edited to make it consistent with the rest of the post. I thought it was good, most people thought it was fine, a vocal minority is outraged like you are.

Again, here you are obnoxiously trying to rally people against a movie you just can't stop thinking about months later. Especially with the "gotcha you edited QED" shit
Sad how some people can't seem to get enjoyment out of life without being vitriolic and riling others up innit

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Middle tier Star Wars. Way better than the prequels. I'd stick it just behind Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Empire Strikes Back > The Last Jedi > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > The Force Awakens > The Rise of Skywalker > Rogue One > The Phantom Menace > Solo > Revenge of the Sith > Attack of the Clones

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They tried to do too much in the film, especially in the first half.

There are some good parts, but overall it was a mess when put together.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it in theatres and I liked it even more on rewatch. The only thing that really bugged me was the ending.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yea. I hated it.

I have rewatched Ep. VII 4 or 5 times overall and Ep VIII 3 times so far. Restarted watching Ep IX for the first time and quarter of the way in, I just stopped and switched to some YT vid.

I think I am well and truly done with Star Wars, after all that time idolizing KoTOR games and fantasizing about what-if scenarios. I am done, just like Game of Thrones.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
This was the only movie in recent memory where I almost fell asleep in the theater. I didn't have a passionate hate for it, I just thought it was really boring.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Got far more important stuff to care about than a fucking hate Star Wars thread.

Fans and anti-fans of this shit are so goddamn obnoxious.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.