• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
www.independent.co.uk

Trump passes executive order that could destroy a future Biden administration

‘Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him, not to America’

Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him, not to America

In the event the incumbent president loses his re-election bid, this order could give him largely unfettered authority to fire experts like Dr Anthony Fauci while leaving behind a corps of embedded loyalists to undermine his successor, according to federal employment law experts.

More details in the article. Impeach if old.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
I mean, it's an executive order. Biden could just undo that.

If there's anything the Trump administration has taught us, it's actually very legal and very cool to just fire people on a "whim" and undo everything the past administration did.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Biden and co. already expected this kind of scorched earth reaction if they come into office. At least I hope so.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
And all Biden has to do is fire the Trumpers, undo the executive order, and bring back the people who wouldn't kiss the orange ass.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

If there's anything the Trump administration has taught us, it's actually very legal and very cool to just fire people on a "whim" and undo everything the past administration did.

But the damage will already be done, that's the point.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017

That stops being very cool the second Biden gets in office.

"Why is Joe Biden just firing everyone? Does he not care about the people? Unemployment under Joe Biden is skyrocketing!"

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Biden should undo every one of trumps orders and reinstate every obama one just to piss off the orange turd.

Also fire every single stooge he brought in

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, really bad reporting from the Indepedent there.

On the subject of bad reporting they recently ran a 2 minute video of London mayor Sadiq Khan telling Londoners not to follow the example of MPs who are breaking their own rules regarding coronavirus and lockdown, and instead to do what's right, stick to the rules and we'll all get through this.

The headline for that video? 'Sadiq Khan tells people to ignore MPs rules on coronavirus'. Comments section is as full of racist gammon shitstains as you'd expect. Independent is absolute trash.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, this makes it easier for Biden to dismiss people hired under the Trump administration, and the people who stand to be fired under Trump have a grievance list against their Republican bosses a mile long.

Civil service reform needs to happen, if the Pendeleton Act is swept aside this lightly.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
On the subject of bad reporting they recently ran a 2 minute video of London mayor Sadiq Khan telling Londoners not to follow the example of MPs who are breaking their own rules regarding coronavirus and lockdown, and instead to do what's right, stick to the rules and we'll all get through this.

The headline for that video? 'Sadiq Khan tells people to ignore MPs rules on coronavirus'. Comments section is as full of racist gammon shitstains as you'd expect. Independent is absolute trash.
Is this a Murdoch rag?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Biden will just undo this and I'm pretty sure his Chief of Staff will have to do something to make sure the people who are left aren't Trumpers. But I mean it's not like there's gonna be some mass deep state opposition, in any normal administration if you're not on board you're told to get out and that's that. I'm sure Biden will have no shortage of qualified professionals who will carry out their oaths of office honorably.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is nothing as Biden can undo it. Granted it'll take awhile which DT wants.

It also sadly spells out he's gonna fire Fauci after he loses the election to be a bitter fuck.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Hate to blame the media but this article feels like an attempt to get readers/eyeballs because the race remains highly favorable to Biden and there's nothing substantive to talk about. Executive Orders can be undone by the next president,

Status
Not open for further replies.