• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017

Summary by LocusAintBad
- Dev states he started working with Microsoft first and then Sony and said that Microsoft was difficult to work with.

- Said that Microsoft doesn't allow certain genres of games to be made because they don't sell well.

- Said the 4K rumor is pure bullshit and some devs have been playing with even 8K resolution.

- SSD is about 60 times faster at loading than the 7200HDD.

- Sony treat their devs better and allow them to go with their creative directions and support their decisions

- Game he's talking about should be out around October.

- The new generation of consoles will be able to achieve new levels of AI with the extra power

- "Expect space to become an issue on next gen consoles." He says that games will be using more textures, more shading, bigger levels, higher resolutions and more intensive space taking features. (Yikes)

- NDAs have made it a weird time for indie developers being unable to talk with each other like normally so they haven't been able to share anything with other indie devs.

- No studio is allowed to confirm or deny that they have a dev model or working PS5.

- That backwards compatibility was officially announced vaguely so he wants to keep it vague with his answers but that unless "It's a game that only one person has downloaded then I wouldn't worry about not being able to play your current games on the PS5"

- "From a devs perspective pre order a PS5 if you want the best players experience. You will regret getting a series X because Microsoft just doesn't deliver that level of player experience" also says that "Maybe once a year you'll see an Xbox game when you own a PlayStation and go wow I really wish I had that but on the Xbox it's every few weeks or months that they have to see these quality exclusive titles and say wow I wish I had a PlayStation to play that"

- When asked about pre orders he said he can't disclose any information but that it would be wise to try to reserve a pre order now. He said that Curry's, and Amazon UK are places you can reserve a pre order of the console as well as Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon US if you live there and that even with the large amount of estimated systems being manufactured that Covid-19 has shut down some parts factories for 3+ months so that it would be wise to reserve a pre order.

- The game he's developing is Costume Kingdom and he says that as long as there is no licensing fees to upgrade the PS4 version to the PS5 then he doesn't want to charge anyone for the upgrade. He said if it comes down to them needing to pay a licensing fee he'll email the buyers of the game to let them know that's what is happening.

He definitely seems to have a bias, but he is a legitimate dev:
www.independent.ie

Josh making waves in gaming industry

A 20-year-old game developer from Newtownmountkennedy has certainly caught the industry's eye, collecting two significant accolades in the last couple of weeks.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
. - "From a devs perspective pre order a PS5 if you want the best players experience. You will regret getting a series X because Microsoft just doesn't deliver that level of player experience" also says that "Maybe once a year you'll see an Xbox game when you own a PlayStation and go wow I really wish I had that but on the Xbox it's every few weeks or months that they have to see these quality exclusive titles and say wow I wish I had a PlayStation to play that"

This reads like console war bait. The whole thing does, honestly.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
- "From a devs perspective pre order a PS5 if you want the best players experience. You will regret getting a series X because Microsoft just doesn't deliver that level of player experience" also says that "Maybe once a year you'll see an Xbox game when you own a PlayStation and go wow I really wish I had that but on the Xbox it's every few weeks or months that they have to see these quality exclusive titles and say wow I wish I had a PlayStation to play that"

I mean sure, he could know more than most. But come on man, is this needed? lol

OP
OP
YawZah

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
The guy in the summary changed 'That's just propaganda to pure bullshit', so take the summary with a big grain of salt I'd say. I looked up the specific quote to be sure of his wording and linked to it in the OP.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone is putting stock in any of this shit, on either side. Just wait and see.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
That whole "interview" reads like console war shit lmao

Not taking this seriously at all.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Wait, you can pre-order this already at those places? Or does he mean that you should preorder it asap and giving examples of places to do so? I'm a bit confused at that part.

This part I mean

- When asked about pre orders he said he can't disclose any information but that it would be wise to try to reserve a pre order now. He said that Curry's, and Amazon UK are places you can reserve a pre order of the console as well as Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon US if you live there and that even with the large amount of estimated systems being manufactured that Covid-19 has shut down some parts factories for 3+ months so that it would be wise to reserve a pre order.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I expect this thread to reach 30+ pages before mod action, then.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
You can be a developer and a console warrior. A lot of this reads a little... off, to say the least.

Not sure what there is to discuss from this anyway.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The experience thing will be a big deal I think. The PS5 is investing a lot in the controller, 3d audio and the UI compared to their competition, and I wonder if that will become the new frontier instead of more raw pixels or faster loading.

I brought up this example earlier, but if a cod player can hear footsteps right behind them a lot more clearly due to the tempest engine while having some pretty nifty feedback when pulling triggers, and is able to launch right into warzone matchmaking from the UI, would they really go with a system that offers more pixels but doesnt have things that drastically change the experience?

May 17, 2018
Looking at some of his other videos, there def is a bias going on here. Feels like that ex-Guerilla dev who hangs out with Dealer/Timdog, etc...

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This just reads like a load of console war crap. Especially the stuff about Microsoft only allowing certain genres.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it felt like "console wars" were coming to an end towards the end of this gen but now it's as bad as I've ever seen it...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh...he's a tiny dev, so I have to wonder how much information he actually is privy to. I see no reason at all to believe anything he's saying.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
I don't care for the bias, and he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to preorders, but the "Microsoft doesn't allow certain genres of games to be made because they don't sell well" reminds me of Microsoft ruining Dead Rising 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.