• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Adds more fuel to the whole thing, even though Gamepass would mean this. This is still huge.

This was posted a few weeks ago.

4f353dd1-ebe5-46e6-b993-254cb4388694-jpeg.193652

Lock if old.

Edit: it is possible that her track record may not be perfect, take this with a grain of salt until confirmed of course.

Last edited:

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I want to keep a tally of all these websites and insiders to see how much they got wrong/right so I can blacklist them later.

What is IndieGamerChick's track record?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
There's a pretty clear Smash Bros hint in that post, but I'm honestly more excited about the mention of "an N64 Classic". If accurate, that would mean
  1. It exists.
  2. It will have Rare games on it.
Which would be some of the best news to start 2019, given that 2018 passed with us beginning to doubt whether another Classic console would actually happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure she's super reliable, but yeah.
I noted that if the gamespass rumor is true, that means great things for Banjo Kazooie potentially in smash and BK HD on switch

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, mixing in Nintendo 64 Classic and Banjo for Smash rumors all in one? I'll take it.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
"I think people will find upcoming announcements to be all time classics and probably very smashing as well"

Rare IP characters for Smash confirmed.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.... I remember her tweet storm from a couple of weeks ago, saying completely wrong stuff that would take you a couple of seconds to search. Also that MS was selling Rare to Nintendo, that their Kinect games didn't sell well etc lmao. Hasn't she since deleted most if not all of those tweets? They were clearly bogus.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
the same person said Microsoft will sell Rare back to Nintendo... lmao
Not gonna happen :)
That's how I read the "Coming Home" bit at the end, and I agree with you, not happening.

This tweet also appears to be deleted so I'm gonna say this is one of the least trustworthy sources.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
N64 mini with n64 original controller and Jet Force Gemini?
You'll excuse me I have to go spit all that drool I'm salivating.
It better not be too good to be true though.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Seems like wet fanboy dreams, the track record is not very good... But I am all over it, Banjo on Smash, Rare Replay DLC with Diddy Kong Racing... bring it.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
considering my main gaming years (teens) were during N64, Nintendo and Rare comprised the overwhelming majority of my gaming time this pleases me

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo in Smash

Banjo Three for XBO and Switch

Conker for Switch and XBO

Rare replay for Switch

Let's go.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I'm not sure Indie Gamer Chick is super reliable. I've already heard about these rumors from her a couple weeks ago and everything seems a bit.....sketchy. She says a lot of clearly biased and weird things.

But if anything were to come from this, I think it'd be Rare games on the N64 Classic and/or Banjo in Smash. The latter in particular would be pretty awesome!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While there may be fire causing a lot of this smoke about Nintendo and MS I find a lot of people are just shoveling any old bull shit they've heard.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
If Tim and Chris Stamper show up in one of those meetings I'll probably shit myself.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Would anyone else be interested in making a list of rumors and their reporters? Just to judge how accurate some sources are?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's very possible but her track record is bad

Yeah, the stuff already has decent odds (DLC for Smash and N64 classic) just going off Phil Spencer alone. I mean, Microsoft was even willing to put Rare titles on the Wii VC before the Goldeneye deal was trashed. Reasonable to think it could happen nowadays.

But couching it in SECRET MEETINGS AT RARE...ehh.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
This is the same person who was tweeting around the same time that Miyamoto held a grudge against Rare and the Stampers, because Donkey Kong Country did better than Yoshi's Island. I'd be very skeptical of any info from her.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You can just barely make an acceptable N64 Classic without rare. It'd basically be the Wii U's N64 VC list plus a few third party surprises.

Feb 10, 2018
Hi I'm Anthony Hopkins a random reset era poster, but like indie gamer chick im in the know about the MS + Nintendo situation.

I can confirm that ms + Nintendo are talking at rares UK studio while having tea and biscuits, MS are bringing ori, cup head, gears pop + gears tactics and goldeneye remaster to the switch this year, game pass via Xcloud is also coming to the switch.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Latest rumor: You will be able to plug your Switch into your Xbox and use as a new controller. Also Master Chief will star in a cross over game with Samus.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Which would be some of the best news to start 2019, given that 2018 passed with us beginning to doubt whether another Classic console would actually happen.

I thought Nintendo said they only sold those as a stopgap measure when the WiiU wasn't up to the levels they wanted. I recall them saying that NES and SNES classics were being discontinued since the margins on further print runs would be way lower than what they've already made.

I would be very surprised if we got an N64 classic.

That doesn't mean that Nintendo and Microsoft aren't in talks, given that Microsoft is planning on bringing their internet service to Switch. Considering that fact, I don't see why they wouldn't be planning to bring some of their, ah, second-party back catalog over.

Status
Not open for further replies.