• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2020
Don't have a screenshot because I'm on my desktop at work, but basically there's a new type of ad that pops-up on mobile ERA, that basically puts a "border" along all edges of the screen for a few moments.

It's super bad and annoying. I've had it for Candy Crush and some kind of drug that I can remember the name for. Please tell me I'm not the only one whose seen this on mobile?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't had much issue lately. I used to get full screen car ads. they were more intrusive when I was I on an iphone. Especially the bottom ad. I think that was the one giving me the most issue. None on Android so far. *Knocks on wood*

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im here more than can possibly be imagined and i ain't seen anything like that

and i ain't paying for no ads

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Ad problems like redirects, audio ads, etc have been an ongoing issue since day 1 that will likely never be resolved since a lot of it is outside of Era's control. There is no shame in blocking ads when a site is unable to do anything about it (or unwilling to, for some of the shittier sites).

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
That's weird . Even when I'm not using an ad blocker I don't see any intrusive ones here, especially on mobile. It's always been just a banner at the top or bottom on the screen for me

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I get a lot of dog brush ads. My dog died a while back and it just keeps pulling the band aid off.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Ads?

People still see ads in this day and age?

It's the least some of us can do to support websites/content that we enjoy.

That's weird . Even when I'm not using an ad blocker I don't see any intrusive ones here, especially on mobile. It's always been just a banner at the top or bottom on the screen for me

Same here. The ads on Resetera are some of the most non intrusive ever.
Never had a problem with them on either pc or mobile.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
At least some of the ads are kind enough to ask "Visit the site?" After I click on the forum link at the bottom, which is somehow the ad.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I don't see ads on mobile. Do they not show up on Safari (iOS)?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ads aren't bad. You ever tried rejecting their GDPR form? Never had to untick so many god damn green boxes in my life. Almost as bad as a Fandom site.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.