• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Invasive ads dominating resetera rn

Please post where your issues are occurring - browser / format (pc/mobile/Gameboy etc)

Last edited:

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...Want to elaborate a bit on that?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I get this randomly as well. Sometimes i will get it for days on end and then suddenly it stops. Sometimes it will only be for a few hours and then it suddenly stops. At first I thought it was just me, but apparently not.

Does anyone know why?

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like it is part of the bottom ad bar. That's definitely where it is coming from.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When the site first opened that happened a lot. Then they said they were doing something and it's been mostly gone since. Maybe a week or two ago I had an issue with it for one day and then nothing since, just report it or go to the tech/feedback thread wherever that is.

For note I have never browsed in PC only mobile.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah theres a bunch of ads right now on mobile site that pull you to ad sites and shit. Also getting a bunch of ad popups that take up my whole screen. Had to jump on my computer just to browse ERA.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Glad I run an adblocker.

Stealth marketing for Resetera clear or whatever the fuck?

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's from this site I'm getting these... And I just had to close the tab because a Visa ad took over.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yep, they're everywhere. browsing in the browser's desktop mode for now

edit: android chrome

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Definitely recommend popping in the Ad Reporting thread. I know from experience admins do read it and do their best to try to stomp out the

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/page-9#post-20246717

This has happened more than once on this site. Why?

Ad networks decide what goes up and they sometimes let the shithouse ones through, once that happens most sites just let it rock since they're worth more money

I use Firefox Focus on mobile, no tracking or cookies, haven't seen a single ad. Might be something to consider.

I'm still tracking u boy

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
God, I hate it when I'm about to click a thread and some phantom ad comes out of nowhere and bumps the thread down, making me misclick

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Time to introduce ad free Era Gold tier membership. Only 4.99 a month for no ads, one "get out of a ban" card, and gif avatars.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Yup getting the same thing about winning a Walmart gift card. I'm also getting warnings in Chrome about Era being unsafe.

It took 5 attempts just to make this post.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I can't look at anything. As soon as I click on a new page the ad loads in 10 seconds.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah was getting this 10 minutes ago on mobile. Take over the browser with 'you won!' bullshit. Using Chrome mobile. ADs are always garbage.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Same on Android 9.0 w/ Chrome.

Ads pop up in the middle of trying to type a comment.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the good old GAF days of reporting mobile ad fuckery for months on months and nothing really happening.

And the ad industry wonders why no one trusts it.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
I am only getting ads on the bottom of the page when I use my chrome browser on android. The upper ad on my desktop version of chrome takes a while to load, however.

OP
OP
pink

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ads popping for me on chrome mobile and Samsung stock browser mobile (this one was awful, reset was unusable)

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah when using chrome on mobile sometimes it brings me to another page for some apple/google gift card nonsense

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean those gift card giveaways that take away control and fill you back button history with a million pages of the same link? Yeah it sucks.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the malware bytes plugin maybe that is what is causing it. I have the ad blocker turned off but the malware/scam button turned on. The ad system might have to cycle to find one that isn't being blocked.

Nah I don't mean that, I was saying the ads on mobile that hijack your browser/take you away from the page you are on are basically malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.