• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Just off the top of my head:
- Animal Crossing.
- Doom Eternal.
- The Last Of Us Part II.
- Final Fantasy VII remake.
- Cyberpunk 2077.
And all of them pretty big. What is going ooon? Do companies announce release dates too early?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Wait a fucking minute. Animal crossing got delayed from March????

While it was originally teased as 2019, it only ever officially had that 2020 date. That doesn't really fit in with all the others if it didn't.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no, it's always like this

late in the year: "Q1 [next year] is stacked omg!"

start of that year: "everything is delayed"

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I'm surprised no one has quoted Shigeru Miyamoto yet.

I say take your time if you need more polishing. It gives me more time to work through my backlog.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP I hate you - I thought you meant Animal Crossing was delayed again and I somehow missed that news.

PHEW

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Sony said look, here's what you can do to take full advantage of ps5 once we release it. Make your games next gen ready.
And then everyone said ah but now that means delaying the games. And then Sony quoted Miyamoto. And now here we are.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
Every year we get tons of announcements for Q1 / early Q2 and someone is falling over themselves claiming that the new year is stacked like never before.

Every year a portion of those announced titles are delayed or wind up disappointing.

Every year someone ends up claiming it's the biggest letdown of all time.

I really need to start earmarking these threads for future reference.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AAA games are bigger, higher quality and more complex than ever. It's no surprise a bunch of them are going to get delayed.

Oct 25, 2017
Games are delayed a lot less than they used to be--meaning, really, that games are announced a lot closer to release now so the delays are less visible. Game releases today are a well-oiled machine compared to the end of the PS2-start of the 360 era.

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from delays being pretty typical in gaming, I'm sure certain developers are shifting plans around with next gen on the horizon.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
really strange...maybe becasue it is a nex gen year and they are not sure if their releases get enough traction in a year like that?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
By games delayed in 2020 i thought you meant games delayed in 2020.

you have 2 games in your list that were delayed this year.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It happens literally every year in similar quantities lol
It really does. Someone makes a list thread right before the beginning of the year about how it might be one of the best years ever, the year comes, and some titles inevitably don't make those dates (or possibly even slip into the following year).

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Working Designs is no longer with us so no.

Note: I was a huge fan of Working Designs, but they were infamous for game delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.