• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
For a second I thought about biting the bullet and getting it at launch from the Epic Games Store, but before I did that I seem some videos on YouTube that basically said the storefront is still for the most part lacking in basic features, not to mention preloading. Mess is crazy how this company has money to snatch up games, but doesn't seem to have the money, time, or whatever excuse to properly fix up their storefront...so cause of that I think it'll be safer for me to wait until it drops on Steam where I can at least have access to user reviews, a community and everything else.

Is anyone else taking the long wait as well? Or are you just gonna buy it on console? Thoughts?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for too long for Borderlands 3 to not buy it day one.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the first discount on Steam, unless key stores like Humble Store get updated to Steam keys - in that case I'll use my Humble Monthly discount.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
depends on my friends. I persoanlly dont think BL3 looks THAT amazing (it looks like a decent sequel, but im not craving to play it immediately) so if it was just up to me, I'd wait. But, BL games are far more enjoyable with friends, so if they decide to say fuck it and buy it, I'll too.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't really care how much Steam is better than EGS, as long as the game works, I intend to buy it on day 1 in one month.

OP
OP
"D."

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
depends on my friends. I persoanlly dont think BL3 looks THAT amazing (it looks like a decent sequel, but im not craving to play it immediately) so if it was just up to me, I'd wait. But, BL games are far more enjoyable with friends, so if they decide to say fuck it and buy it, I'll too.
Its only me and one of my other friends interested in playing and he's been vocal about getting it on PS4 unfortunately...so if I got it on PC then I'd probably be playing by myself. Which is pretty much the other reason why I was thinking about just waiting

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
im not going to let some silly platform stop me from getting a game i've been anticipating for years

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I would say I'll wait the 6 months until it shows up on Steam...but the way Randy has been acting like more of an assclown as of late.

I'm holding off of BL3 entirely.

bcterps

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I had the ultimate edition pre-ordered but decided to cancel it after continuous bad behavior coming out of Gearbox. I want to play the game, but there's plenty of competition for my gaming dollars these days, maybe I'll get it when it's cheaper

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I am. I plan to only buy a one copy and because I have every other game in the franchise on Steam, I'll buy it on Steam.

If I had more cash in spare, I would buy it on EGS as well.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. But I'm not dropping $60 on it either, because by the time the Steam release hits, the console versions will be on sale regularly for $30 or less (EGS will still be $60).

This being Borderlands there will be a bunch of DLC, so I'll wait for the complete edition to go on sale for at least half price.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'm going to wait for a sale. If it goes on deep enough discount on EGS, I'll consider getting it. I figure worst case it goes on sale when it is accessible on Steam & I buy then. I like borderlands, but I'm not sure if I have a group of friends that's interested in playing day one, so I don't mind waiting until it's a bit cheaper.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I think I'm the one of my friends that wants to play it the most but I don't want to buy it at the EGS.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely am, there's enough to play in the back half of this year that its not going to be much of a problem waiting for another 6 months.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting, I won't buy anything on EGS. But I may just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Of course, but I was gonna wait for the complete edition on sale anyways. Anything with as much DLC as the Borderland games gets bought for a huge discount or never.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam delay does me good because I wanna wait and see with BL3 anyway. I will mostly play solo and going back to the handsome collection recently, I forgot how much of a chore that game can be sometimes when you're playing on your own. That and various other issues I have with the series that I hope to see if they fix or change.

OP
OP
"D."

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I definitely am, there's enough to play in the back half of this year that its not going to be much of a problem waiting for another 6 months.
Same, aside from this game...Link's Awakening, Death Stranding plus a nice backlog will keep me busy for a while. Its a shame though cause if it DOES drop in March then it still might get placed on the backburner cause FFVII Remake is dropping and I ain't playing shit else BUT that game.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, gonna get it on ps4, might double dip on PC when the eventual GOTY edition comes out (unless they get cross play and save working early)

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I'm mostly waiting on it because I'm far more excited about Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and its co-op in October, so I'm saving my new release money for that.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Maybe, but honestly it'll have better performance and most likely a dlc out on steam. Since those day one patches and hotfixes would have been on that version.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Holding off till Randy is fired or leaves gearbox.
Not giving that man a cent no matter how good it is.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
all the warning sighns are there eggsclusivity for 6 months, DLC talk before game is out, doubling down on the overly cringey humour , denuvo , DLC madness of BL2 , looks a bit too same-y after so many year.... and i havent even finished PreSequel .... so i am fine for few years before getting it

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
It's the first game I have pre-ordered since Borderlands 2, so no. And honestly, even if it was available on Steam, I would have bought it on Epic Games Store.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might get it on Xbox one to play with friends but if I get it on pc, it won't be till it comes out on steam.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah.
Of course I do.

It's not a must have title for, but rather a maybe title, depending on the reviews. So why should I not hold off a purchase, until I can get it where I prefer to buy my games?

That's a thing of adding extra hoops for customers, it's easy to postpone a purchase in favor of spending money on things that tempt you more.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
One of my friends will get it day one.
The others want to wait the Steam release.

I think I will get it day one to play it with the first one and double dip on Steam

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Me me me, though it depends if I have a ton of backlog so I might just end up skipping it like I will probably do with Metro Exodus.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Nope. Day one, Borderlands is one of my favorite series. Day one on the One X and then I'll buy it on PC around tax return time since that is when I usually upgrade my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.