• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you spending less time on ERA due to COVID-19?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at some stats on Alexa and I noticed that ResetEra's traffic ranking has gone down by a lot over the past 90 days.

Amazon Alexa

It appears that this trend started around the time most states started their Stay at Home orders. I guess more of us are spending time going through our backlogs or hanging out with family, instead wasting time on this site during work lol.

Anyway, it's just conjecture and it's only an estimate, so no hard data, but I thought it was interesting none the less. So, are you spending less time here due to COVID-19?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
My time wasting my life by refreshing ERA and seeing nothing of interest has gone up if anything.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I think Animal Crossing, FF7R, RE3, and other games did that. SomeOff Topic forum toxicity avoidance also!

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm spending around the same amount.

I assume others noticed all the fear mongering that is going on in Off-Topic so they are doing the healthy thing and ignoring the site for now.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Traffic may be increasing, but what's interesting is that it'd have to be at a lower pace than other sites if the numbers are dropping.

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at some stats on Alexa and I noticed that ResetEra's traffic ranking has gone down by a lot over the past 90 days.

Amazon Alexa

It appears that this trend started around the time most states started their Stay at Home orders. I guess more of us are spending time going through our backlogs or hanging out with family, instead wasting time on this site during work lol.

Anyway, it's just conjecture and it's only an estimate, so no hard data, but I thought it was interesting none the less. So, are you spending less time here due to COVID-19?

My theory: We here continue to visit at roughly the same rate since most of us browsed before at work anyway. But now that other non-gaming people have more time, they are browsing other, more "regular" sites, which moves Resetera's relative rank down.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Honestly I probably am using it less, because the flow of my activities is totally different. When I'm not studying/working, I'm surrounded by a lot of interesting options for distraction.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's because people mainly browse era when bored at work lol

now you can fap, play games, fap, watch tv, sleep, fap...

OP
OP
Geode

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
My theory: We here continue to visit at roughly the same rate since most of us browsed before at work anyway. But now that other non-gaming people have more time, they are browsing other, more "regular" sites, which moves Resetera's relative rank down.

Ah, I didn't think of that. That could be true.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Era more often than usual (and I was already on pretty often, lol). I can understand why it seems down.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if anything, looking at the site's internal statistics, our daily number of active users has risen since the pandemic started. Number of posts made is up as well, along with number of new accounts registering. I imagine the rest of the internet is seeing a lot of the same.

If you want to make a thread about whether or not people are using Era more now that everyone's stuck at home, feel free, but we're doing fine in terms of metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.