• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Phil Spencer the best ever?

• Yes, he is

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • No, he is even better

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 58 55.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
So after the shitshow Xbox Live Gold pricehike -> unpricehike that happened yesterday I believe we all have to give thanks to our hero and praised industry leader.

It is pretty safe to say, that while Phil was taking a nap at his office, some ill-minded moles decided to take action and push for the Live Gold pricehike at the Xbox office.

Now, it seems Phil bear has awoken, the moles have been exiled, the crisis has been averted and everything is back to normal.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
No. What's with all these Phil posts. He's the Head a billion dollar company who wants your money as much as everyone else. He's not your friend.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please enlighten me. Thought the thread was merely caricature.
www.resetera.com

[Poll] Has Phil Spencer permanently tarnished his reputation as the "good guy" of the industry with the Gold increase?

I know many people around here idolize Phil Spencer and believe that he/Xbox are the "good guys" of the industry that make pro-consumer moves. I'm just curious how much, if at all, this morning's news about the drastic Gold price increase, which appears to be a tactic to coerce people into...

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always this sick Microsoft trying to bury our Phil, Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft, with their decisionmaking at Xbox

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Phil Spencer just shot himself in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like..etc etc

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the most engaged of any Exec in the history of gaming.

Has done incredible things for Xbox and gaming.

Yes, easily.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
www.resetera.com

[Poll] Has Phil Spencer permanently tarnished his reputation as the "good guy" of the industry with the Gold increase?

I know many people around here idolize Phil Spencer and believe that he/Xbox are the "good guys" of the industry that make pro-consumer moves. I'm just curious how much, if at all, this morning's news about the drastic Gold price increase, which appears to be a tactic to coerce people into...
Wait was there a is Phil Spencer a bad guy thread? 😂

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Holy shit.

AAJAJAJAJAA I missed that shit yesterday.

Thanks man.

Oct 27, 2017
Even though this is a joke, there are people out there who really believe this.

No, he isn't a "good guy". He is a business man trying to sell you products. No need to make a hero out of him or anyone in gaming.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
I met Phil Spencer at a restaurant once - we'd accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that). Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says "I'm so sorry, but we'd like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we'll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you'd like while you're in town." My sister and cousin were both like "Yeah that's cool." and I kind of played the asshole a bit. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. We've been here for 15 minutes - we've just ordered. Can't we finish our meal here?" Then out of nowhere Phil Spencer shows up next to the manager and says "Paul, these guys can finish. We'll be at the bar. I got some time." And I (being a big Xbox fan) said "Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table." Phil was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later. After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Phil Spencer and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop worshipping these executives. They are all the same under their surface personalities that they want to portray to the public. Never understood why people champion Spencer but hate on Ryan when these guys are all the same. You should feel indifferent about every single executive.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what the next tactic is for Microsoft to milk that additional Live revenue they were aiming for.

Corporations are not your friends, Phil Spencer isn't either.

OP
OP
Taurus

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
If anyone has some good guy Phil Spencer stories, please share!

Some time ago there was a fire in an old abandoned warehouse. It seemed pretty bad, but then some guy came out of the scorched building and all the kittens were saved! Rumor says that guy was Phil Spencer

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes yes and yes....
If anyone has some good guy Phil Spencer stories, please share!

Some time ago there was a fire in an old abandoned warehouse. It seemed pretty bad, but then some guy came out of the scorched building and all the kittens were saved! Rumor says that guy was Phil Spencer
you really are trying too hard...

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
So after the shitshow Xbox Live Gold pricehike -> unpricehike that happened yesterday I believe we all have to give thanks to our hero and praised industry leader.

It is pretty safe to say, that while Phil was taking a nap at his office, some ill-minded moles decided to take action and push for the Live Gold pricehike at the Xbox office.

Now, it seems Phil bear has awoken, the moles have been exiled, the crisis has been averted and everything is back to normal.
Did you forget to change accounts?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
He is neither a hero or a liar like some like to claim. He is a business man trying to make the most profit, but what I like about him is the fact that he changed the importance of Xbox at Microsoft for the better and how he can admit mistakes and reverse bad decisions. So yes, I think he is one of the better business man out there. But not more than that and certainly not our friend.

Oct 27, 2017
I met Phil Spencer at a restaurant once - we'd accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that). Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says "I'm so sorry, but we'd like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we'll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you'd like while you're in town." My sister and cousin were both like "Yeah that's cool." and I kind of played the asshole a bit. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. We've been here for 15 minutes - we've just ordered. Can't we finish our meal here?" Then out of nowhere Phil Spencer shows up next to the manager and says "Paul, these guys can finish. We'll be at the bar. I got some time." And I (being a big Xbox fan) said "Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table." Phil was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later. After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Phil Spencer and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.

I saw Phil Spencer at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for Game Pass codes or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.