• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
the SEGA owned studio?

they are just working for MS on a first-party project, like CA done before

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
AOEIV has been known about for ages, and Sega have no reason to sell Relic. Not sure what this job posting changes.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's worth acquiring them just for one game but if they want to build a GaaS then I guess it could be worth it. That being said I'd welcome some new Relic games built for consoles.(also I highly doubt MS is buying them. They are more likely partnering)

edit
"Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA..."

It literally says this in the first line. So no.

LOL, I guess my guess was correct

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
"Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA..."

It literally says this in the first line. So no.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
doubtful.

anyway, I don't want them sold because they would probably lose their IPs.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been known for a while now that they're developing Age of Empires IV, they're still owned by Sega. Not the first time a Sega studio is making a Microsoft RTS game either, Halo Wars 2 was developed by Creative Assembly.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell would SEGA sell one of their most successful studios away? Why the hell would MS pay top money for a RTS studio at the top of their game? That is not how you invest well

OP
OP

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
AOEIV has been known about for ages, and Sega have no reason to sell Relic. Not sure what this job posting changes.

Dawn of War 3 wasn't a good game and a waste of Money for Sega. Ensemble studios is gone and There are only few good RTS developers around the gaming world: CA, Relic and Blue byte (anno).

AOE Is the best PC gaming franchise for MS. Good games needs good developers

Sep 28, 2018
As it has been said before SEGA owns Relic, but SEGA also give their internal studios a very good level of autonomy, even going as far as to let them develop for other publishers, if a great opportunity presents itself. Creative Assembly, for example, developed Halo Wars 2. Now Relic is developing Age of Empires. Considering this, I doubt Relic would ever consider departing from SEGA.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I can see Sega wanting to get rid of them. Dawn of War 3 was a tragic and misguided game and COH2 before it was mediocre at best, it had so many problems. Not even close to how fun the original is. Still it sold decently but DoW3 didn't, it was a huge bomb. They didn't even support it much after a few months when every other DoW game had multiple expansions. Probably one of the worst sequels of all time. I think the talent has long left the studio and I'm not expecting much from AoE4. That's their last shot honestly.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Since there isn't really any new info or indications pointing to that, we are closing this thread. Feel free to create a new one if any substantial info appear on that front

Status
Not open for further replies.