• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every so often I get this weird ad that replaces ResetEra, but lately it's happening very frequently.

It's only on this site it happens. Is this happening for anyone else?

e0d2838ca91576967e3e7a49d7eff778.png

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, glad I'm not the only one! It's been happening for the last week or two on a very regular basis.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
From the ad-reporting th
I had a phone call with the ad agency today and apparently this is an industry-wide outbreak and the worst they've seen in years. It's definitely not normal, even for this time of the year. They're bringing everything they've got to bear against the problem and we've had some success today. It'll may still be touch and go for a while.

I've been getting it whenever I use ResetEra on my data, not on wi-fi.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I had a phone call with the ad agency today and apparently this is an industry-wide outbreak and the worst they've seen in years. It's definitely not normal, even for this time of the year. They're bringing everything they've got to bear against the problem and we've had some success today. It'll may still be touch and go for a while.

Here is what Cerium said in the ad reporting thread

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday era was unusable on mobile for me cause it was literally happening on every page.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah every couple of months there is a period where I get a bunch of bullshit phone take over ads

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Only 9 questions? Where do I enter all my personal and financial info for 3 years of Netflix!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Been an issue for a while and continues to be, on mobile anyway.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been getting the same redirect (replace verizon with my ISP) on a few other sites with banner ads. Started like a week ago.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I've never had this on Era but I've had it on a ton of other sites. It's frustrating as hell. The ad is with my ISP in France so it's not just in the US.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I've seen ads like this pop up occasionally. I haven't seen them on my PC that much in recent weeks (usually use Firefox there), but I encounter them more frequently on my Amazon Fire tablet (using Silk browser).

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you're on IOS check out Purify. it's like 2$ and i've never had issues with this stuff

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
It happens to me on Android/Microsoft Edge on my phone. It will redirect to some google surveys page. It's pretty annoying when its happening.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
constantly happening at the moment, a few threads have been launched on this and a response from admins

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I was seeing reports of it, but not getting that popup, but now I am seeing it while using chrome on my desktop computer.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Redirecting ads? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within Resetera?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
There was a thread about this yesterday. Basically they are aware of it and are working with who provides the ads to fix it.

Doubt it considering this issue goes back to the old forum and it's always said to be worked on and never is actually fixed and this is the only website it happens on. Mods on here are hording the ad money and eating out at fancy restaurants like Red Lobster every night of the week.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Doubt it considering this issue goes back to the old forum and it's always said to be worked on and never is actually fixed and this is the only website it happens on.

Fair enough, thankfully for me they haven't showed up since I think it depends on location but it sucks for the people affected.

As you said, GAF got pretty bad with these and you're right about stating that they never really managed getting it under control. I just like to hold onto the hope that the team behind Era does a better job at this.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Without further comments on ads vs. blocking vs. site revenue, I'll just say: I tried running Safari a bit more on my iPhone a while back. Got one of these nasty redirects. Went back to using Brave.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
It happened to me literally as I was reading this thread, which was the very first time that I found it funny rather than incredibly irritating.

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it considering this issue goes back to the old forum and it's always said to be worked on and never is actually fixed and this is the only website it happens on. Mods on here are hording the ad money and eating out at fancy restaurants like Red Lobster every night of the week.
They fill up on cheddar bay biscuits while I fill up on free Iphones?

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't had this but have experienced some weird formatting, refresh's and severe lag when typing in the text box lately. I thought maybe changes were being tested with the site but it could be more invasive ad issues causing it.

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
I've had a similar one on chrome at home for the past few days. It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.