• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Sony just announced that it will add a selection of some of the best PS5 games to the existing PS+ service, presumably with no extra cost. From the showcase it includes Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World, Final Fantasy XV, Fallout 4, Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 7, TLOU Remastered, God of War, Days Gone and others. It's basically free, as it's a service that most of the userbase already subscribes to.

This was undeniably done to counter Microsoft's Gamepass, but they had to do it in a way that doesn't devalue Sony's blockbuster exclusives while still offering more value to the consumer. I feel like it's a great move, what about you?

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It's a major counter to Game Pass for sure. Some of the best games of the generation available to play on PS5 day 1, almost free

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Not really, unless they add on to it.

It seems more like an incentive for early adopters that missed out on PS4 games.

KentBlake

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's good enough...it will only have "last gen" games. Game pass has ALL exclusives day 1 and they don't leave the service....I still think game pass is very superior...

Having said that, I'll still buy a PS5 first.... :)

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sony's first party library holds significantly more sway than most of the games on Gamepass, and there's no additional fee if you're already subbed to PS+, so yeah, I think Sony nailed it.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Not at all.

Gamepass has day one games and current gen offerings.

It's just a last gen greatest hits including games which can be found cheap.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good start!

For people getting into the Playstation ecosystem, having Uncharted 4, God of War, etc with Plus is a huge sell.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
It's a nice little something for sure but nothing like Gamepass. Not until there are day ones on it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No. It's just a free bundle of last gen games, that's it. Probably a one time only thing. (Or stretched out into oblivion over many months) That's not even in the same ballpark.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I think this is a good way of making people feel better about buying a digital PS5 when they have disc-based copies of a lot of popular PS4 games.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not trying to be Game Pass, it's just a nice early bonus if you buy PS+

If they attached PSNow to PS+ that would be a different story.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all lol. If they would've included PS Now that would be a start, but this is a pretty weak counter honestly. Old PS4 games (some of which I think were already included in PS+?) C'mon y'all.

It's a nice benefit for me since I'll be subbed anyway, but it doesn't match Game Pass. Not even close.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
No, this feel to me like: our launch line up isn't that great. So here's a quick fix to make sure people have something to play.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Those are all PS4 games.

Like, it's nice, but isn't Game Pass offering all 1st party titles available at launch? There's a big difference between offering stuff from five years ago that's $20 new and $5 on sale, versus stuff that's $70 retail.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Nah it's not the same. But they are a both strong answer to lacking launch line ups. It's looking like they're both going to have a dearth of launch exclusives so why not pad it out? I've played most of those games but I'm sure others haven't.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Yes, is great to anyone thinking of switching Xbox -> PS. (Which is the same role of Game Pass on this gen transition)

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
It's a marketing answer, but not an actual answer.

The whole thing people like about GamePass over PSNow is that GamePass has AAA games on day 1. This is just PS4 games, most (all?) are 3+ years old. It's nice little bonus for people who don't have a PS4 looking to jump into the PS5.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, it's an added benefit to all current subscribers and also entices new subscribers, plus helps maintain subscribers who would only just get it for multiplayer. It's also much cheaper, and I hope the games aren't on a time limit like game pass. PS Now still exists anyway. But people hoping for day one first party for stuff like GOW Ragnarok are just delusional.

Aug 23, 2018
No, a good answer to GamePass would be launching Miles Morales and Demon Souls into their own service at launch for $10-15 a month.

Not last gen games while simultaneously charging $70 for the Miles Morales/Spiderman remaster bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.