• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Every single person I know wants one. Everything is sold out. Scalpers are selling it for 1000+. It seems to be a global phenomenon

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Not even close

edit: beaten to the punch!

Anyways, in terms of mainstream cultural impact the PS5 launch has barely registered a blip even compared to something like the PS2 launch which I remember seeing covered frequently on the 6pm news.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone with all the Sony consoles, the correct answer is the iPhone, s far as consumer tech goes.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
What fookin' question is this? It's not an iPhone...

It being sold out doesn't mean...anything. We're in a pandemic and they've had to release this in tiers. It's probably a supply issue, not a demand one.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No, lol. I think people really forget how console launches go. Plus, it's a video game console - it's a specific market.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Also, what are our boundaries here? Individual SKU/model release? Product series a la iPhone? We need more specifics.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You should look up Apple iPhone shipments during the Holiday quarter.

PS5 is a massive console launch in an ever growing industry. But lets not go crazy.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
9 months of revenue of iPhones in 2019: $111 billion
Lifetime revenue for PlayStation 4: < $40 billion

Edit: given its intent and nature, this is basically one of the dumbest console-warrior threads on the matter. Congratulations.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if the demand remains this crazy, sure. But for now this is just par for the course for a launch period.

Oct 27, 2017
Its going to be one of the models of iPhone by far. I'd make an argument for the 3G and the demand for that seen as that was the first time you could actually purchase one with carrier subsidies. The later models were growth in line of additional carrier distribution models, but that one was insane demand in-spite of being restricted to singular carrier distributions.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just because all the people in your social circle are gamers that want the ps5 doesn't mean that the overall populace are also gamers that want the ps5

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's just in short supply that can't meet the level of demand. I doubt that level is at "new iPhone" levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.