• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
After a quick google and amazon search, I cannot seem to find a reason to buy a Series X on launch day.. at least if I wanted to play an exclusive title of some type.
All I am seeing is Halo: Infinite and that was delayed till some time in 2021. Maybe I just suck at seeing it, but other than playing old games enhanced, or getting a third party cross gen game like Watch Dogs: Legion.. what else is there?

Comparing to the PS5 which has Miles Morales, Bugsnax, Astrobot, Demon's Souls from a quick search, which seems like much more motivation to want to get a PS5 on launch day.

Oct 24, 2019
I think there's The Medium, but that's about it.

you mostly have to rely on third party games for quite a while

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well you can remove Spiderman and Bugsnax, they're just cross gen too.

I'm happy with Game pass and 60fps Yakuza at launch.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I'm personally buying one alongside a PS5 because I didn't have a Xbox One, so I missed all of the exclusives + Gamepass + BC

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
No, you've got the general idea. Improved hardware for those that want it, but the software is spread across several Xbox and non-Xbox devices. Some people just want the new machine.🤷🏼‍♂️

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep. very strange for MS, the software company, to nail everything about next gen.... except the actual software.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Gears Tactics and The Falconeer. Gears 5 story DLC and The Medium in December.

That said, the technological leap is a big enough reason in my opinion.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Series X is more of like ... what you'd expect when upgrading PC parts. It feels more like a mid-gen refresh. If you're OK with that and are invested in Game Pass, I'm sure it has some worth.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
The launch lineup is weak in terms of new games. But both consoles are offering essentially cross gen (substantial) upgrades that very much see the bleeding of the previous into the subsequent. PS5 definitely has more of a next gen feel in terms of releases.

Anyway, it'll be cheaper when I buy it next year! Right guys?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black

But seriously, the reason I want get into the Xbox ecosystem is because BC and certain 360 and OG Xbox games I want play, and at least in my country prices are more cheaper for Xbox games, both physical and digital.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'd love to hear Phil's answer as to why someone should buy it on launch day. I have an idea what he'd say but I'd like to hear what his key points would be to having the hardware day one without saying because you get to play the new "x" title like I imagine he'd normally say.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I know multiple people who skipped the whole Xbox One family and are getting a Series S or X and plan on spending the first year playing all the Xbox stuff they missed this past generation through Game Pass. I would not be surprised if there's a weirdly large number of people doing exactly this. Game Pass has become a can't-miss value.

I'm getting it for next gen yakuza myself though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black

But seriously, the reason I want get into the Xbox ecosystem is because BC and certain 360 and OG Xbox games I want play, and at least in my country prices are more cheaper for Xbox games, both physical and digital.
That's actually me haha. I haven't played on Xbox since building a PC a few years ago but I'll eventually buy a Series X (not for $500) just for OG Xbox and 360 games that aren't on PC or anywhere else. And Ninja Gaiden Black is first on my list to play when I get one.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
If you're jumping in at this point you're doing so because:

- you want to play current gen games but at higher res/framerate
- have not played any last gen first party games (Gears, Halo, Forza, etc)
- want to explore the gamepass catalogue

You have to decide if $499 is worth it for that.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Ill be looking again in 2-3 years, I don't get how you launch a new console with zero new software

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
It's like replacing a 7 year old PC to me, one that had a shitty CPU and laptop hard drive. The new games I'm interested in will come in time. For now I'm just happy with the improvements to old games.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Gears Tactics (console version) will be my launch games, plus being able to play older games with improved performance (have been holding off on playing Control's DLC for example). I'm kind of treating/thinking of it it like a mix of a new console and an upgrade to the One X. There's enough there on launch day I think, just not as much new stuff as in previous launches.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
There is pretty much no reason to get one at the moment. If I was strapped for cash I would definitely be going with PS5 only for now. I can afford both though so I figure I might as well enjoy the luxury of having one Day 1 even if the most compelling thing to play at launch is... multiplayer Tetris.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm upgrading both consoles to play my existing library/subscription games better basically. As long as they're BC I'll upgrade early.

Besides you're not gonna be able to find an Xbox at launch anyway most likely.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to hear Phil's answer as to why someone should buy it on launch day. I have an idea what he'd say but I'd like to hear what his key points would be to having the hardware day one without saying because you get to play the new "x" title like I imagine he'd normally say.

I thought he has answered that . Feel like I remember him saying ppl shouldnt feel the need to buy. If you have a PC stay on PC or if you have a xbox already just keep that

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'm with you. Had a Series X on pre-order, cancelled it because it felt redundant with a PC. Wanted to upgrade my PC, but it felt like a bit of a waste as there's nothing I need to be playing on it this winter now that I have no plans to play Cyberpunk.

We'll see what next year looks like, but a PS5 is going to more than hold me over for a while.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both consoles don't really have compelling exclusive launch lineups. Enhanced BC is the big selling points to get both systems at launch.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
My opinion, no I even had a preorder and canceled and just went ahead and purchased a gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.