• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Hi, so quick enough question that someone will probably know how to answer.

I got my girlfriend into Danganronpa and she's been pretty much playing the first game non-stop for like a week, and today she's coming over and she wants to keep playing with me. Is there any way for her to login into her Steam account, download the save, play in here for a while, and then keep playing when she gets back home? I'm not a big PC player so I don't really know how saves and cloud saves work. I know that GOG shows me a notification telling me that the cloud save has been updated every time I close a game, but I don't really know about Steam.

Thanks everyone!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the game. Just google "GAME NAME save location". In many cases it is inside the User-Folder of your Windows OS. Sometimes you have to make hidden folders visible first. Then copy that Savegame to the exact same place in the other users User-Folder.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, so quick enough question that someone will probably know how to answer.

I got my girlfriend into Danganronpa and she's been pretty much playing the first game non-stop for like a week, and today she's coming over and she wants to keep playing with me. Is there any way for her to login into her Steam account, download the save, play in here for a while, and then keep playing when she gets back home? I'm not a big PC player so I don't really know how saves and cloud saves work. I know that GOG shows me a notification telling me that the cloud save has been updated every time I close a game, but I don't really know about Steam.

Thanks everyone!
She can bring the save file with her on a usb stick, or email them or something. I believe you can also download cloud saves.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
If the game supports Steam Cloud saves natively it shouldn't even be necessary to manually copy any save games. Just have her login to Steam with her account and it will sync the cloud saves. It depends on which specific Dangonronpa game on Steam she has though, as a quick search indicates that some of them support Steam Cloud and some of them don't.

agSAmHr.png

Edit: looks like they all support Cloud Save. the only store entry that doesn't list it is a bundle.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Just log into her account at your place, the save game should be on the cloud.

In fact, log into her account right now from your place to make sure the save game is there.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Thank you all for your answers! Not just for this specific case, but I'll also take Patitoloco's tip into consideration and check the PCGamingWiki in the future for non-Steam games. She'll... definetely be glad that she can keep playing, this is quickly becoming somewhat of an addiction, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.