• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
20210326-111847.jpg

Fair warning this is probably a dumb thread.

Decided to grab a Dr. Pepper for lunch out of the box I bought from Costco. I noticed there was some brownish red gunk on the top and decided to wash it off. In the past I found it common for there to be dried up soda on some cans probably die to processing in the factory. However when I flipped the can over I got concerned (see above image). Is it blood?

Edit: looks like it's an ID mark on the bottom. Who knows what was on the top. Probably just the solution to a Netflix murder I washed away. The more you know. Requested thread closure.

Last edited:

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like dried blood, no.

Edit: elaborating, it looks thinner than blood usually looks, and blood usually has a darker colour, specially when it dries out. Source: I used to work with blood analysis.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Some days I wonder how people on this site function from day to day.

It's a fucking ID Dot.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
There's a really good chance that's blood :/

Best to toss the case and acquire new soda.

Edit: ok, switching over to Team Not Blood.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If you drink from that can you will forfeit your soul and become one with the night.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
even if it were somehow, do you think it is going to seep through the aluminum and into the drink itself?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
My main concern was it was the brownish/red gunk on the top before I washed it off. If it was blood I wasnt going to be sipping off that.
...brownish red gunk?

That seems way more alarming than a dot on the bottom of the can?

Got any pictures of the gunk itself? Are they on more cans?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
My first thought was that scene in the beginning of the Incredible Hulk.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Was expecting to see something else, and then ask if you had been eating beetroot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.