• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are there any great MI games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Do you think you're funny, OP?

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Of course I'm talking about Mission Impossible video games, of which they're...aren't actually that many:

Less than I expected actually.

Now you have other huge IP with classic games, your James Bond and your Jurassic Park games, but Mission Impossible has not many games, and none that I would say are more than pretty decent

That said, I have high hopes for the next movie and maybe we can have a game soon!

What do you think, Era? Do you consider any Mission Impossible games to be classics? Is it the biggest film franchise without a top tier game?

This one made more sense than the other thread, so I took my shot!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not a huge surprise considering movie tie-in games are consistently shit and one of the only things that keeps Mission Impossible going into infinity is Tom Cruise, who...won't be in a game adaptation of one of his movies.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I find these threads deeply offensive and unfunny

0/10 OP for shame

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I mean the NES game I remember going to buy from KB Toys and pouring through the manual on the car ride home.

That boss with the crumbling floors though. Elden Ring got nothing on that šŸ˜‚

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how there hasn't been a single great shitpost in the last 30 years

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't even know what MI was supposed to stand for so this doesn't even work like the indie one did.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Imagine playing a game with all the big stunts in it. The CIA heist, riding on the outside of the plane, climbing that big tower in Dubai, etc.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've never known a Mission Impossible game to be considered "good."

Although, the only one I remember actually playing was the n64 one, which I didn't like.

I thought of Mission Impossible immediately; I didn't know this was a joke thread. Monkey Island never entered my mind, because obviously... there are many great Monkey Island games (pretty much all of them save for the terrible Telltale ones).

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not a huge surprise considering movie tie-in games are consistently shit and one of the only things that keeps Mission Impossible going into infinity is Tom Cruise, who...won't be in a game adaptation of one of his movies.

What do you mean? You're telling me this wasn't Tom?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Imagine playing a game with all the big stunts in it. The CIA heist, riding on the outside of the plane, climbing that big tower in Dubai, etc.

In some ways these types of games work better when they're inspired by the IP and not an official game

Tomb Raider and Uncharted were both influenced by Indiana Jones and both have their own take on it

I'd be up for a MI inspired game with those kind of set pieces though

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
oh monkey island is the joke okay

do people really refer to those games as MI regularly? I feel like people just type monkey island

Status
Not open for further replies.