• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

X?

• Ex

Votes: 300 81.7%
  • Cross

Votes: 67 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
It's always been cross but almost everyone calls it the x button.

What's next, articles about the meaning of each button?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
imagine the worlds surprise when they find out that X is meant to be the cancel button and O the accept button

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
PS buttons are shapes, so obviously it's cross, but why the hell would I say cross instead of just x?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I don't care which important people or devs tell me otherwise, it's a damned "X" it's literally the letter. A cross to me is like a christian cross, or a plus sign. A "cross" on it's side like that, is a damn "ex".

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Of course it's cross. Or 'kruisje' as we say in the Netherlands. They are all shapes. Why would one of the four be a letter?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's X and it's gif. Sometimes the creators are wrong.

If you tell me to press the cross button I'm going to give you a real weird look.

images

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
I've always called it 'X', but of course it makes sense for it to officially be 'Cross'. Each of the buttons are a shape, and the letter 'X' doesn't fit into that.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
CROSS GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

If it's "Ex," then by that logic the rightmost button should be "oh." But they're not named after letters, they're named after shapes. Therefore, cross.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Nintendo and Microsoft use letters.

Sony uses symbols/shapes.

The Playstation controller buttons each have a different shape on them. Why would Sony use three shapes and one letter? Doesn't make any sense.

Oct 30, 2017
It make since for the name to be called "cross" since the others are named circle, triangle and square.

But for us, we always calls it X and always will do.

And I don't understand the big drama in the internet about it.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Known it was cross forever, still call it X.

The fervor over this and Nintendo having the accept button be the right most are peak stupid shit.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has been known for decades.

You all should easily be able to reconcile something being officially known as one thing and colloquially as another.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've heard voice dialog that says "Ex" button in several games.

It's Ex.
It's Gif.

Carry on.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always been cross. Makes sense considering the other face buttons are symbols instead of numbers(honestly one of my favorite things about the PS).

I still say ex though. It just stuck.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I call it X but I always knew it was cross.

I don't care which important people or devs tell me otherwise, it's a damned "X" it's literally the letter. A cross to me is like a christian cross, or a plus sign. A "cross" on it's side like that, is a damn "ex".
X is actually used quite often as Cross in japanese stuff. Like the game Tekken X Street Fighter is meant to be read as cross.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Any time I see a headline that says "...and people are freaking out," I say, "no, they really aren't."

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This the 'gif vs jif' movement all over again — except everyone knew it was pronounced 'cross' but X is the superior way to refer to the button. But if X is X, then shouldn't 'circle' be O?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has obviously always said "ex" and will continue to do so, which is fine, but if Sony want's to call it cross that's perfectly fine. Also, people are catching on to this just now?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I say X, and i say Circle.

Like, also, who gives a shit.

(sent from my iPhone EX ES ... lol Apple)

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty obviously cross considering the rest of the icons. I still say X though, fuck da police.

Status
Not open for further replies.