• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Do these people even play the title or is all this just based on the stuff they see at Koji Pro?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I like Kojima and am not trying to thread shit, but it'll be nice to see more game creators get this kind of appreciation.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
He basically says that Hideo is a master of the medium, that he understands both games and movies and combines them in a masterful way, and also has a very strong trademark of his own - you can always tell it's a Hideo Kojima game.

He also says he really respects him for trying something new, instead of sticking to what he knows people will like.

Basically it's all praise.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Don't just drop a link without context. Several threads were closed for this very reason. Put some effort into OP's.

I respect Kojima for being able to bridge the gap between cinema and actual games. I mean as opposed to the minimalistic approach akin to something with David Cage's name attached to it.

Oct 28, 2017
I know you all want some cliff notes but i just watched the video and can't remember the details of what I Just watched.

JJ is being JJ. Talking about creative processes, taking risks and how you can always see Kojima's fingerprint on all of his games. Basically 5 minutes of praising Kojima

Not much to see here unless you are a massive fan of one or both.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn did he just called MGS4 the most overrated game of the PS3 ????

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like Kojima and am not trying to thread shit, but it'll be nice to see more game creators get this kind of appreciation.
There's been plenty of threads about other game creators though?

This is happening because DS just came out, IIRC Sakurai also had a lot of threads made about him around the launch of Smash Ultimate.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is happening because DS just came out, IIRC Sakurai also had a lot of threads made about him around the launch of Smash Ultimate.
Yeah. I've seen threads about a lot of creators. But people only have something to say when it's about Kojima. That's strange.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
He basically says that you need a specific person that can find the balance between narrative story telling and player choice and Kojima according to him (J.J.) is such a creator. He goes on to say a few nice things about the work he does but there is a large part where he mentions that as a creator you need to keep challenging yourself and coming up with new ideas that you're not sure are going to work out but you try anyway, because otherwise you run the risk of playing it safe and in search of continued success you simply end up copying yourself. This last part is especially interesting because as much as I like most of J.J.'s work and have enjoyed the Force Awakens it seems like the safest thing he could have made at the time.

It's a decent little featurette but in short it's just a prolonged front of the box blurb saying "this is cool and this guy is cool." I too am curious if any of these Hollywood folks either played the game or play games in general to have an understanding how gameplay actually functions with storytelling in this medium.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
He basically says that you need a specific person that can find the balance between narrative story telling and player choice and Kojima according to him (J.J.) is such a creator. He goes on to say a few nice things about the work he does but there is a large part where he mentions that as a creator you need to keep challenging yourself and coming up with new ideas that you're not sure are going to work out but you try anyway, because otherwise you run the risk of playing it safe and in search of continued success you simply end up copying yourself. This last part is especially interesting because as much as I like most of J.J.'s work and have enjoyed the Force Awakens it seems like the safest thing he could have made at the time.

It's a decent little featurette but in short it's just a prolonged front of the box blurb saying "this is cool and this guy is cool." I too am curious if any of these Hollywood folks either played the game or play games in general to have an understanding how gameplay actually functions with storytelling in this medium.

That's what happens when you have to basically reboot a franchise for the biggest family entertainment company in the world.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Not thread shitting, I just mean media is general, Kojima's name is so dominant. But I guess it's not just about that, it's like in Metal Gear, it felt like he was making fun of himself with his cameos and 'voice of god', HIDEO being in the Pycho Mantis fight. Personally I felt it was more charming back then and the Kojima appreciation has become too straight laced, when we have film directors starring in his games and people keep going on about he pushed the art form. I appreciate art but I feel the fun is being lost. Just my opinion though.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i would like if people like Cory Balrog, Miyamoto, Miyazki etc got more recognition outside the games media. It feels like only Kojima is appreciated.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Is it just me, or did he not play the game (or at least not more than 30 minutes of gameplay)? Some words he used were more implications than true beliefs.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me, or did he not play the game (or at least not more than 30 minutes of gameplay)? Some words he used were more implications than true beliefs.
I doubt he played it, but he probably watched a presentation of it. Kojima invite to Kojipro a lot of people to show off the game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Please review the FAQ for our rules on low effort thread creation.

Being the Original Poster of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.