• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Vice:
Last week, a May 28 stabbing in Tokyo saw two deaths and almost 20 injuries. In the early morning attack, the culprit stabbed many children before killing himself.

76-year-old Hideaki Kumazawa, former agriculture ministry bureaucrat and ambassador to the Czech Republic, said he killed his 44-year-old son, Eiichiro, to stop him from having a violent outbreak.

Eiichiro had reportedly moved back home with his parents a month ago, and lived as a recluse, orhikikomori since.

"My son tended to confine himself at home. He sometimes committed violent acts against me and my wife", the Japanese police reported Kumazawa saying. "His violence had continued from his junior high school days." He reportedly held a lighter to his mother's skin, which was just one of his numerous violent outbreaks.

Eiichiro's hostility escalated on the morning of June 1, when Kumazawa claims he was getting irritated by the noise coming from a nearby elementary school's sports festival. After his father confronted him, Eiichiro reportedly lost his temper.

This made Kumazawa fear that Eiichiro was capable of repeating the May 28 attacks on the school kids nearby. "I thought that I had to prevent him from turning his anger against the children," he said, according to the police.

After stabbing his son multiple times in the chest and other parts of his body, Kumuzawa called the police.

Eiichiro's murder highlights the growing issue of Japan's hikikomori, which translates literally to "those who retreat," and are typically part of an ageing demographic who choose to live at home and seclude themselves from society.
We live in a fucked up time.

Lock if old.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, this is pretty fucked up, but there's also not a ton to discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.