• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017

sbQ1qI2.jpg

Japanese individuals are in a state of outrage over images that show a Korean man beating a Japanese woman after she and her friend refused his flirting attempts.

A Japanese woman was assaulted in the street by a Korean man who was apparently angry at her and her friend for ignoring his advances. The man was also recorded making ethnic slurs towards the women.

Apparently the man has denied the crimes, saying that the images were somehow manipulated. Some of the online public response to the Korean news article about the case consists of claims that the incident was fabricated and is part of a Japanese conspiracy to damage Korea. (In the Korean article)

This is truly disgusting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Refrain

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Derogatory language, previously warned for same behavior
Should have just admit it instead of turning the tantrum of a manchild into a political issue.

They could had acted like adults, say that the actions of that man don't represent the feelings of the Korean people and condemn the attack. But nope they went full retard with "muh conspiracy"

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the online public response to the Korean news article about the case consists of claims that the incident was fabricated and is part of a Japanese conspiracy to damage Korea.
This isn't in any of the English-language sources you posted.
Quite the opposite is reported by the NHK
But many South Koreans took to social media to post criticisms of the man's actions. One post calls it a foolish event at a difficult time for the two countries. Another offers an apology for a shameful act.

So...why include this.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Both the NHK sources and Korea Times are stating that the police are investigating.
Pretty weird to have collaborated facts like that if there's any conspiracy... but then again, idiots are everywhere I guess.
Horrible experience for the women but this wouldn't be news if the man was Japanese.
Mind explaining why? A video of a woman being assaulted on the streets in say, Tokyo by a Japanese would garner about equivalent outrage imo. Or are you under the impression/claiming that somehow open violence against women are that common place in Japan?

Oct 28, 2017
guy on tape beating the hell out of a woman would definitely get attention anywhere.
Yeah you're probably right. I just get pissed off at how often attacks - physical and verbal - against ethnic Koreans go ignored by the Japanese media. I should look into how the Korean press are reporting this and see if its a similar situation.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should have just admit it instead of turning the tantrum of a manchild into a political issue.

They could had acted like adults, say that the actions of that man don't represent the feelings of the Korean people and condemn the attack. But nope they went full retard with "muh conspiracy"

The nhk link you posted does exactly this. Wtf is "Nanpa?"

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've heard of the same or similar stories from Japanese attacking Korean from a Korean friend living in Japan. She was advised to not speak Korean in the street and is considering seriously living the country due to the state things are in.
It's a terrible situation all around.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
It was in the Korean article I linked. Not the NHK link
no, it was in the *comments* of the daum article that, when google translated, made no mention of the trolling going on in its own comments.
You've highlighted one part of the random internet response while noticeably omitting/ignoring the other side of the random internet response that was actually reported on and I am really beginning to suspect your motives.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah you're probably right. I just get pissed off at how often attacks - physical and verbal - against ethnic Koreans go ignored by the Japanese media. I should look into how the Korean press are reporting this and see if its a similar situation.
It says it took place in Korea in the tweet, so goes without saying Japanese media would be giving this more attention. Of course, attacks against Koreans in Japan should be given due attention as well.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While this incident may be newsworthy, the OP seems to have omitted information about the Korean response and framed the thread in a manner that is unlikely to lead to good discussion. The thread has been locked. Feel free to create a new thread with a better OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.