• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

This might explain why Tom was mentioning the game won't be shown today.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
What's up with Xbox games and production issues recently? I know that it's normal with game dev but it's weird.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
None too surprising. I figured it was an Elder Scrolls 6 situation anyway, where it was YEARS off and they were just showing off their future projects to build hype.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I always got the feeling this game was late 2023 - early 2024. Opening up with a CG trailer and zero gameplay doesn't exactly inspire confidence that we'll be seeing it anytime soon. Same deal with Perfect Dark and Fable.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Xbox games and production issues recently? I know that it's normal with game dev but it's weird.

To be fair I think Avowed was shown way too early (like a lot of Microsoft E3 reveals). Games go through a lot in production, but we usually don't hear this that much as they're usually announced closer to release. Ever since the Xbox One years Microsoft have been in this place where they've been announcing games way too early (sometimes without the studios even knowing about it, see Phantom Dust) just to have something to show (and the issue compounds every year as they have to now show the next next thing) and they can "win" E3, and that leads to games being exposed to more scrutiny about the development process. Hopefully this year with acquiring like half the industry they can show things closer to release and reset the cycle. CGI trailer announcements for games 3+ years out do no one any favors.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
The stuff he's referring to was from a year or so ago I'm pretty sure. Not something new/recent.

I'm assuming he deleted because literally everyone is misunderstanding and thinking he was breaking some news on its development.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
The stuff he's referring to was from a year or so ago I'm pretty sure. Not something new/recent.

I'm assuming he deleted because literally everyone is misunderstanding and thinking he was breaking some news on its development.
Yeah, Carrie Patel was brought in a year-year and a half back to help co-direct

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Also Tom never said anything about it not being in the showcase. He said he doesn't like making vague hints about leaks and the. Said he vowed not to. And everyone decided he was making a bad pun. That's literally it.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Also Tom literally never said anything about it not being in the showcase. He said he doesn't like making vague hints about leaks and the. Said he vowed not to. And everyone decided he was making a bad pun. That's literally it.
Maybe because right after he said it, he said "wink wink"

Status
Not open for further replies.