• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): Signal boosting conspiracy theories from a hate movement attacking a journalist and fellow member. Check your sources before making a thread about something this serious
This just popped up, and I'm sorry, this is top tier TRASH:

You claim you've heard about heinous shit for years but somehow couldn't get enough for even an article to get the ball rolling (which would have surely gotten victims to gradually come out to add more and more to the picture), yet barf out any gaming tidbit just because? Priorities, what are they? :/

Appalling, flat out. Jesus.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Who do we hold accountable, the journalist that are ivnestigating or the abusers?

you know that releasing a bombshell without proof can get you in problem for libel and defamations

I am not in agreement with this post

Also do not compare "Leak game" with abuse

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i understand where you're coming from but what's your angle with this thread? don't like the guy but i think he's getting dogpiled enough on twitter, don't need to do it here too

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Reporting on something this serious without enough corroborating evidence is 100% a way to have a corporation absolutely ruin your life. And have the victims go deeper into hiding because they're seeing what happens to someone that's actually prolific. Barfing out any gaming tidbit--as you say--is much less likely to have the most ruthless corporate lawyers come down on you and your own.

It's shitty but I believe that he could not garner enough support within Blizzard to report on this without exposing himself to significant danger. I understand your anger but it's misplaced.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Umm... this is gamergate trash.

Also.. comparing leaks about games vs. something he has to corroborate that deals with something as serious as sexual misconduct.... c'mon.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Oh come on... there's clearly a difference between reporting on random video games and reporting on a massive abuse scandal.

You clearly need to have solid evidence and corroborating sources to write the sort of article you're claiming Jason didn't write. Saying that he just sat on it for no reason is bullshit.

Edit: you're implying that the random game news he drops hasn't been corroborated and isn't backed by solid evidence?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Reporting on "hey I heard Fallout 4 is set in Boston" is way different than the incredibly serious allegations that happen at Activision. If it wasn't true, the repercussions would be career ending and destroy him legally

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Reporting on gaming rumours is pretty different from accusing a company of widescale abuse.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Isn't it different with gaming rumours compared to this Blizzard stuff? Like legal things and getting sued?

Seriously asking

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Not only is equating the coverage of rumours and leaks to the coverage of widespread systemic abuse completely inappropriate, this is a thread made on a random tweet, which we don't allow, and that twitter source appears to be highly questionable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.