• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Link

The body of Jean-Luc Brunel, 75, was reportedly found hanging in his cell in the early hours of Saturday. The French prosecutors' office confirmed the report and said an inquiry had been opened into the exact cause of death, but early indications pointed to suicide.

Brunel was arrested in December 2020 at Charles de Gaulle airport before boarding a plane for Dakar in Senegal where he told police he was going on holiday.

He was officially put under investigation on allegations of the alleged rape of a minor and sexual harassment shortly after his arrest, and was put under a second investigation for the rape of a minor in June last year.

Several top models had come forward to accuse him of sexual assault and rape, and French police had reportedly interviewed hundreds of potential witnesses. Brunel had denied any wrongdoing or any involvement in illegal activities. He disappeared from public life shortly after Epstein's death in August 2019. Epstein also hanged himself in his prison cell while awaiting trial.

In the 1990s, Paris-born Brunel was a model talent scout and boss of the prestigious agency Karin Models. After he was banned from the agency in European 1999 following a BBC undercover report on abuse in the fashion industry, he moved to the US and founded MC2 Model Management with funding from Epstein. He is credited with discovering a number of supermodels including Christy Turlington and Milla Jovovich.

He met Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein's partner, in the 1980s and she had introduced him to Epstein.

In 2015, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who recently accepted an undisclosed sum from Prince Andrew – another Epstein friend – after bringing a civil case against the royal, accused Brunel of supplying girls to Epstein. She said the American financier had bragged to her that he had slept with more than 1,000 "of Brunel's girls"

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Reminder that sex offenders actually do kill themselves all the time in prison, where they're known for having a...not great time. And that prison guards aren't particularly motivated to stop them.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I don't think there is any conspiracy, I don't think he or Epstein were murdered. Im angry that more effort wasn't done to keep them alive long enough to try and get more information out of them.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think there is any conspiracy, I don't think he or Epstein were murdered. Im angry that more effort wasn't done to keep them alive long enough to try and get more information out of them.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence the son of the judge overseeing the Epstein-Deutsche Bank case was assassinated by a gunman disguised as a FedEx worker, who in turn was later found dead.

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno what I personally think of this. Could they have killed themselves? Absolutely. Could they have been killed because certain people didn't want them to spill the beans? Sure. It's not like there aren't enough of people, like Karen Silkwood and Danny Casolaro, who died in ways that make it seem they were taken care of to avoid having information leaked.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
we won't ever see the tip of the iceberg on this one, because the iceberg was "addressed" and later sank to the bottom of the ocean

like, this was literally it. the elite power/sex traffick/political blackmail triangle right there, disappeared like a ghost before all our eyes.
all the people with the names of the power players, dead(or waiting, ghislaine better sleep with a crowbar under her pillow fr), all their helpers, in custody and easily neutralized at will.

the first ephemeral link to a concrete shape of an age old idea of powerful elites having a sex-party culture running in tandem with their globe trotting statesmanship meetings and exchanges, and slips out of our fingers.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I dunno what I personally think of this. Could they have killed themselves? Absolutely. Could they have been killed because certain people didn't want them to spill the beans? Sure. It's not like there aren't enough of people, like Karen Silkwood and Danny Casolaro, who died in ways that make it seem they were taken care of to avoid having information leaked.
The alternative is that they are given enough blind eyes and resources to kill themselves to avoid having what they know come out, or that if they don't do it there is the possibility of harm coming to their loved ones outside, and this could either be directly theatened, implied or supposed(I'm guessing they must have been involved with serious crime elements). Both cases seem to make it look so easy to just kill yourself whenever you want in prison.

Oct 27, 2017
The alternative is that they are given enough blind eyes and resources to kill themselves to avoid having what they know come out, or if they don't do it possibly risk harm coming to their loved ones outside. Both cases seem to make it look so easy to just kill yourself whenever you want in prison.

Absolutely, that's a possibility. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, unless Trump stole some top secret documents about the Epstein case too, and forgot to flush them down the toilet.

Oct 27, 2017
What?? If this is true, what are you suggesting?

It's true that the judge's son was shot and killed by a hitman dressed in a FedEx uniform, and that the perp was later found dead. But, and I like big buts and I cannot lie, he was also a lawyer and men's right activist that had a case pending before judge Salas.

www.vice.com

The Gunman Who Allegedly Shot a Federal Judge's Son Dead Is Believed to Be a Men's Rights Lawyer

Judge Esther Salas was appointed to the Epstein case last Wednesday. On Sunday, her 20-year-old son, and her husband, were shot at home.

www.euronews.com

FBI links suspect in killing of judge's son with second murder

Police in the US are probing the links between the suspected killer of a judge's son and a separate killing of a lawyer on the other side of the country.

(Fake edit to fix some grammar hiccups)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's true that the judge's son was shot and killed by a hitman dresses in a FedEx uniform, and that the perp was later found dead. But, and I like big buts and I cannot lie, he was also a lawyer and men's right activist that a case pending before judge Salas.

www.vice.com

The Gunman Who Allegedly Shot a Federal Judge's Son Dead Is Believed to Be a Men's Rights Lawyer

Judge Esther Salas was appointed to the Epstein case last Wednesday. On Sunday, her 20-year-old son, and her husband, were shot at home.

www.euronews.com

FBI links suspect in killing of judge's son with second murder

Police in the US are probing the links between the suspected killer of a judge's son and a separate killing of a lawyer on the other side of the country.
Christ, what a mess!

Jawson

Jan 20, 2022

I'm more concerned that prison suicides don't get wider news coverage unless they're attached to a famous person.

Status
Not open for further replies.