• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Two classic Star Wars games are coming back to consoles from Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr, starting September 24 with the action/adventure game Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy will follow soon after in early 2020, with Aspyr bringing back the game's much-celebrated online multiplayer battles, and both games will feature Gyro Aiming support for Nintendo Switch's Joy-Cons. The two legendary titles will also be released for PlayStation 4.

Well I have to say that this is awesome. Two of the best Star Wars games of all time getting modernized controls is amazing.

jedi-outcast-nintendo-switch-katarn-force.jpg

jedi-outcast-nintendo-switch-katarn-cutscene.jpg

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn! Both games? Should've said that in the direct. Would've made the direct even better!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the odds that Limited Run Games are on the phone to Disney right now?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
The direct footage weirdly mentioned the single player like it was the only option. Seeing how plenty of other old games have been rereleased on Switch with the multiplayer removed I gotta get some more clarification. I need that multiplayer in! EDIT Rereading it definitely sounds like they are talking about the Switch version. Was a bit worried they were mentioning online but not specifying on which system. Yay!

No Mysteries of the Sith expansion?

That's Jedi Knight 1 expansion, this is 2 and 3. Unless there was an expansion. For 2 and 3 with the same name I never knew of

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No no no. You no ask for Jedi Fallen Order, you ask for Jedi Knight! It better! Much better!

0s36nowczg911.jpg

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Ok, so what if this is how Lucasarts resurrects?

I doubt that's ever happening. Disney doesn't do in house game studios anymore.

That said, even with a PS4 version lined up too, this is very clearly Disney/Lucasfilm testing the waters to see how much appetite for Star Wars there is on the Switch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deluge of Star Wars ports in 2020, or even an effort to strongarm EA into making Switch titles, if this does well.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first game won't have multiplayer, if the sentence parsing is correct.

"Two classic Star Wars games are coming back to consoles from Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr, starting September 24 with the action/adventure game Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy will follow soon after in early 2020, with Aspyr bringing back the game's much-celebrated online multiplayer battles, and both games will feature Gyro Aiming support for Nintendo Switch's Joy-Cons."

That's only in reference to the second game. There are so many damn colons in the paragraph I can see why people are confused.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Shit if this gets a decent mp community I'm in for the ps4 version. PC mp community is slowly dying.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Keep releasing classic Star wars games, I will keep (re-)buying.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The direct footage weirdly mentioned the single player like it was the only option. Seeing how plenty of other old games have been rereleased on Switch with the multiplayer removed I gotta get some more clarification. I need that multiplayer in! EDIT Rereading it definitely sounds like they are talking about the Switch version. Was a bit worried they were mentioning online but not specifying on which system. Yay!

That's Jedi Knight 1 expansion, this is 2 and 3. Unless there was an expansion. For 2 and 3 with the same name I never knew of

See my post. Only Academy will be getting multiplayer, based on how it's written.

Status
Not open for further replies.