• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

I personally think this may be due to PS5 sending devkits earlier like other journalists have said, but it's certainly curious to hear this. I, for once, can't wait to see what both companies have in store for us.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps Sony is just very much ahead of the game getting the devkits out to numerous developers and have really matured their tools.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I wouldn't expect anybody to say anything bad about both these platforms. Sure, one is doing some pretty evolutionary and revolutionary things which obviously a lot of developers have been commenting on positively when it comes to PS5. But that doesn't mean the other one on is bad.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine developers are singing the praises of PS5's architecture more because Sony put more R&D focus into its customisations, like the I/O and audio for example.

But yeah, that doesn't mean the other console is bad.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
That's very interesting
Todd Howard talked about how Sony has shown em demos and stuff for the SSD a while back
maybe MS hasn't done something similar? no idea what this could mean?
maybe MS has a much stricter NDA?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe you should put his full quote in the title? Seems a bit disingenous as it is.

"No one's saying its bad" is important context.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Obviously that could mean anything, but didn't someone from Xbox (maybe it was Tom Warren) come out and say devs had gotten final builds until some time after Sony had?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like PS5's SSD is so revolutionary that it automatically generates a discussion.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019

I personally think this may be due to PS5 sending devkits earlier like other journalists have said, but it's certainly curious to hear this. I, for once, can't wait to see what both companies have in store for us.

It comes off as people have been praising the XSX, but not as much as the PS5.

Maybe it's bad phrasing.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
These devs should strike against making Xbox ports until it's a joy to work with like the lovely lovely PS5!

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Likely from a variety of factors:
1. First time a SSD has been the baseline for a platform
2. I/O is unlike anything that's been seen before
3. Sony's dev tools are likely quite mature and make implementation of custom hardware easy
4. It addresses things that devs asked for

TheTyrantShow

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Sony has been focusing on doing things for developers. Microsoft is focused on their old games and powerful hardware but not much custom tech like Sony.

So it makes sense.

That Unreal Engine demo didn't help them either.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is already being discussed in the Gamebeat thread and doesn't require it's own dedicated thread. It's a reply to someone asking about that article.

www.resetera.com

Gamesbeat: PS5 has a better architecture than any console in history, according to devs, a joy to work with.

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from Jeff Grubb's article about the upcoming PS5 event and worth discussing separately. Bold claims. What do we make of this? https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/29/playstation-5-event-confirmed-what-to-expect-from-the-june-4-showcase/

Also that tweet is already super short, there's no need to trim off the end bit for dramatic effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.