• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GbXjne7.jpg

The past few days have been hella annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
You hungry?

Aren't ads targeted and based on your data?
Not necessarily. This is a long-running stereotype since it's easy to blame victims of bad popups, and especially easy to say since there's no way to ever 100% disprove it. However, there are still completely bizarre and unrelated ads that get played to people. Happened on GAF, happens here, and eventually they get cleaned up.

For another example of how things can go bizarrely wrong with recommendations, you can watch totally unrelated youtube videos and still end up spoonfed neonazi / alt right stuff until you painstakingly try to blacklist it all.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A meal of Dr. Pepper and roast beef sounds pretty good to me, why are you upset?

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Websites complain that they can't make money without the adds so a handful of us will turn off add block to toss them a bone but then they just shit down our throats with this kind of screen covering garbage.

Run a banner at the top and bottom of a page if you have to but adds that stay on screen until you X them out are completely unacceptable.

And the first time one of your adds redirects me without my say so is a permanent block to all adds.

Respect your fucking traffic.

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I didn't even realise there were ads if you scrolled all the way to the bottom, I usually click to the next page or go back when I see the reply box! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.