• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Source: https://www.wired.com/story/playstation-now-updates/

Wired, recently did an interview with Jim Ryan. It was a very candid discussion in which he talked about his vision going forward:

On Next Gen:

"The track record of the incumbent platform winning the next time around is not a great one," he admitted, referring to the fact successful consoles are often followed with flops. "So the major thrust of my executive energy is to avoid complacency."

On PlayStation's Lack of Transparency:

"I typically prefer doing to talking," he continued, "but I think we've been guilty of not talking enough about what we've done."

On the future of PlayStation Now:

Still, Ryan says, "the two things that people tell us they don't like about the service are the price and the quality of the games." So all that changes, starting now.

Whatever your personal feelings are for the guy, he sounds like he's making the right moves and is trying his best to be proactive to trends and opportunities for the PlayStation brand. Please delete if redundant or old.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The Thrust of My Executive Energy

tenor.gif

Feb 10, 2018
I wonder if they will have several indies on stage like they did with the PS4 launch?

But this is a good way to be, sticking to what works, it will be interesting to see how they market the PS5, if they will keep, the populist and straight to point message of the ps4 "for the gamers" "greatness awaits". It will also be interesting to see how they evolve and expand the subscription and streaming services.

My guess is they will double down on what made the ps4 the great success it is

• Console power superiority, best looking games
  • Great exclusives
  • Good value proposition

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I'm liking what I'm reading.

Hes already improved PS Now and he was the guy recently talking about studio acquisitions so hopefully lots of positive news going forward.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think he is already delivering and can focus to buy more studios at least 3 or 4 more to compete next-gen...

Come back to E3 and talk more and make more bias like MS would be good too.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
As PlayStation boss he has a good track record.
-Cross play support
Azure deal
PS Now improvements.
Insomniac.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will have several indies on stage like they did with the PS4 launch?

But this is a good way to be, sticking to what works, it will be interesting to see how they market the PS5, if they will keep, the populist and straight to point message of the ps4 "for the gamers" "greatness awaits". It will also be interesting to see how they evolve and expand the subscription and streaming services.

My guess is they will double down on what made the ps4 the great success it is

• Console power superiority, best looking games
  • Great exclusives
  • Good value proposition
Iirc, He is the one that said indies served their purpose at the PS4 launch but not their focus going forward. IMO, He was just being realistic because nowadays people want to play their indies on the switch/mobile especially with apple and google entering the market and supporting controllers and they are not exactly system sellers. He said recently, content is king so I can see more acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.