• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
Here's a new thread, with an OP of all her awfulness. Since an awful lot of Era seems like they don't care that Rowling is a bigot and just want to enjoy their Harry Potter video game. Also before someone asks, the definition of TERF

TERF is an acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist.

In one of her new ebooks, released on September 6, JK Rowling has explained the truth behind Remus Lupin's condition. The author detailed that Remus' being part werewolf was a metaphor for 'illnesses that carry a stigma'. She swrote: 'Lupin's condition of lycanthropy was a metaphor for those illnesses that carry a stigma, like HIV and AIDS. 'All kinds of superstitions seem to surround blood-borne conditions, probably due to taboos surrounding blood itself. The wizarding community is as prone to hysteria and prejudice as the Muggle one, and the character of Lupin gave me a chance to examine those attitudes.'

metro.co.uk

JK Rowling says Lupin's condition is 'a metaphor illnesses with a stigma'

The author has explained in her new book

JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • Hook-nosed greedy goblin bankers
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Voldmort is evil because he was born of rape. Okay.
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.

Some 150 writers, academics and activists - including authors JK Rowling, Salman Rushdie and Margaret Atwood - have signed an open letter denouncing the "restriction of debate".
They say they applaud a recent "needed reckoning" on racial justice, but argue it has fuelled stifling of open debate.
The letter denounces "a vogue for public shaming and ostracism" and "a blinding moral certainty".
Several signatories have been attacked for comments that caused offence.
That includes Harry Potter author JK Rowling who was fiercely criticised this month for comments about transgender people

www.bbc.co.uk

JK Rowling joins 150 public figures warning over free speech

The letter, signed by many leading writers and activists, denounces "a vogue for public shaming".

Let's not forget the Cormoran Strike series

After a Telegraph review described Troubled Blood as a "book whose moral seems to be: never trust a man in a dress" – triggering a widespread backlash – supporters have attempted to play down the depiction of cross-dressing serial killer Dennis Creed in the novel, penned by the embattled author under her male pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

In fact, the killer Dennis Creed — who imprisoned, tortured and beheaded seven women — is explicitly portrayed as a cross-dresser who derives sexual satisfaction from wearing women's clothes, and steals jewellery from his murder victims.

He is depicted by Rowling as using a "convivial, sexually ambiguous persona" to get close to women and ply them with drugs, confessing: "In a wig, bit of lipstick, they think you're harmless, odd… maybe queer. Talked to her for a minute or two, little dark corner. You act concerned… bit of Nembutal in her drink… tiny amount, tiny."
Creed also uses gender expression as an attempt to cover up his crimes when a stash of jewellery belonging to his victims is discovered, with the killer claiming to have bought it "because he liked to cross-dress."
A fictional biography of Creed, read early on by detective Cormoran Strike, recounts of the killer: "By the age of twelve, Dennis had discovered the pleasures of voyeurism. 'It excited me,' he wrote, after our third interview, 'to watch a woman who didn't know she was being observed. I'd do it to my sisters, but I'd creep up to lit windows as well. If I got lucky, I'd see women or girls undressing, adjusting themselves or even a glimpse of nudity. I was aroused not only by the obviously sensual aspects, but by the sense of power. I felt I stole something of their essence from them, taking that which they thought private and hidden.'
"He soon progressed to stealing women's underwear from neighbours' washing lines and even from his grandmother, Ena. These he enjoying wearing in secret, and masturbating in."

The book also references an occasion on which Creed "donned the coat of a female co-worker to imitate singer Kay Starr".

Of his crimes, Troubled Blood adds: "Dennis Creed had been a meticulous planner, a genius of misdirection in his neat little white van, dressed in the pink coat he'd stolen from Vi Cooper, and sometimes wearing a wig that, from a distance, to a drunk victim, gave his hazy form a feminine appearance just long enough for his large hands to close over a gasping mouth."
Despite attempts by Rowling's defenders to assert otherwise, the book never backs away from its depiction of Creed weaponising cross-dressing to exploit women.Instead, when the eventual villain is revealed, Strike notes that they hid in plain sight "just as Creed had camouflaged himself behind an apparently fey and gentle façade".As critics of Rowling have noted, a previous novel in the detective series, The Silkworm, featured a transgender woman who is threatened with the prospect of being raped in a men's prison after attacking private detective Cormoran Strike.Attempting to force her compliance, Strike tells her: "If you go for that door one more time I'm calling the police and I'll testify and be glad to watch you go down for attempted murder. And it won't be fun for you Pippa. Not pre-op."
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/02/...omparing-animal-rights-to-coming-out-as-lgbt/

www.pinknews.co.uk

We’ve read JK Rowling’s new ‘cross-dressing serial killer book’ and yes, it’s just as problematic as it sounds

JK Rowling writes in her new book, Troubled Blood, of a cross-dressing serial killer who steals women's underwear and masturbates in them.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
You should read staff posts before posting threads.

Also people, watch Lindsey Ellis last video. She goes deep on Joanne's last book

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017

DY7D8jlXkAAD2zC.jpg

EMMm47jW4AA1D7E

EaKrYhrWoAE4AxQ

kinsky

Banned
Oct 19, 2018
User banned (permanent): dismissing concerns around transphobia, account in junior phase
I think you are completely wrong.

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By
Newsflash. Whether you buy the game or not shes getting payed regardless.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
You should really read staff posts on posting threads.

Also people are free to consume whatever media they want to, nothing wrong with Harry Potter in my opinion. Doesn't mean I support her views if I read Harry Potter.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
The Hogwarts Legacy staff post said no promotional media for the game, this certainly isn't that

Was there another post I'm missing

What I meant is that Era's attitude towards Rowling, wether on this side or on EtcERA, has been to really shine a light on her transphobia. So this thread seems pretty redundant when we have multiple ones already on the subject.
To be clear, she is disgusting.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Have no problems with the thread - it should be reiterated as much as possible. JKR is a sack of crap.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Again what staff post is this

Also wow this thread does a great job baiting alts

What I meant is that Era's attitude towards Rowling, wether on this side or on EtcERA, has been to really shine a light on her transphobia. So this thread seems pretty redundant when we have multiple ones already on the subject.
So there is no staff post?

Your complaint is there's too much calling out transphobia?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Also people are free to consume whatever media they want to, nothing wrong with Harry Potter in my opinion. Doesn't mean I support her views if I read Harry Potter.

I mean you are literally supporting her financially by consuming HP products.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No, but you sure are giving her a platform to spread her views.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
There's possibly more I'm forgetting. I haven't looked at her social media recently either.

If you'd like to consume some more media about it, try these YouTube creators

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, people not wanting to see a thread saying bad things about person because .......
If you don't like it, you don't have to respond here or even look, HELL YOU HAVE AN IGNORE FUNCTION use it if you really fucking have to... <_<
Also buying her products does give her money to spend on hating trans people and to spread said hate around.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in a tough position because my job directly relates to Harry Potter. I hate JK Rowling but I love my job.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah, she's the disappointment of the century to me. I remember loving HP and thinking she was a good person because of charity. :/

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, she is disgusting.

Yeah but this one is on Gaming side and we collectively showed ERA's userbase didn't give a shit and would buy Hogwarts Legacy no problem.

So maybe it's time to course correct.

In that case, don't buy half the games that are released, should we talk about CD project, and the other studios, use the same energy for everyone not just one.

We should improve society somewhat.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck terfs, especially Rowling... The poor "abused" billionaire who is punching down on a community that has very high suicide and self harm rates.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread. Maybe some mods can move or remove some posts, so that everything from OP are the first few posts.

And everyone saying, WriterInTheDark should read staff posts:
Maybe you should read staff posts in their entirety

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
So there is no staff post?
Sorry, wasn't clear at all. My comment on the staff post was to say that Era's staff and posters seemed pretty set on giving Joanne the shit she deserves. I thought the thread felt very redundant that's all, due to the multiple threads on both side talking about the subject.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
should we talk about CD project
You mean like this CDPR thread?
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Great post. Rowling is a horrible person. All that money and fame and decided to spend it being horrific transphobic bigot. The discourse here in the U.J about in the media was awful too. It ended u focusing on the online abuse she received and it ended up ignoring the actual victims, trans people.

Her books are full of problematic shit as well. We actually had a thread about it on this site with people saying greedy hook nose goblins who run banks and control money wasn't an anti Semitic stereotype because it was a traditional European folk creature.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please continue this discussion in the thread below

www.resetera.com

TERF JK Rowling continues to be a hateful bigot.

Members have been asking for a single thread about JK Rowling that can serve as a comprehensive resource about her transphobic bigotry – many are already using this thread for that purpose, so we’re going to make it official: News about JK Rowling herself or any updates about the awful things...

This staff post in it's OP explains why:
Official Staff Communication
Members have been asking for a single thread about JK Rowling that can serve as a comprehensive resource about her transphobic bigotry – many are already using this thread for that purpose, so we're going to make it official:
News about JK Rowling herself or any updates about the awful things she says and does should be posted in this thread and should not receive separate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.