• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this your king?

Despicable answer. He doesn't even answer the question as asked.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Are we sure he wasn't stumbling over his words here?

what a fucking mess

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn finally we can pick a reasonable republican to be president
Vote red I mean blue no matter what.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Trash nominee. I don't relate to people who find him appealing except for the dubious "electability" excuse

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His explanation seems to be the same explanation we've heard from moderates, not sure what the news is here.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Piece of utter shit.

He sounds exactly like he does in those old videos of him on the house floor talking about cutting social security. He has not changed, and voting for him in the primary is dangerous.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Trash nominee. I don't understand relate to people who find him appealing except for the dubious "electability" excuse
I'm convinced people in this forum became defensive Joe fans after ST not because they like him but because they're afraid "division" will cost us the election. I can't imagine any other reason particularly if you're young.

MastaKilla88

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Not surprised at all, but doesn't mean it isn't awful. As much as I hope our generation is pushing dems to the left, reality keeps settling in instead.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile we spend 686 billion dollars on the military.

Let me repeat that

$ 6 8 6 b i l l i o n d o l l a r s

o n t h e m i l i t a r y

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he wins, what comes after him will be the death of us all.

Fun times, really love it. Love being told "vote for this clearly declining insane centrist responsible for a not insignificant portion of all the bad shit for the last 50 years or else" like he's not the harbinger of the hurtling end of liberalism as the majority of them hurdle headlong towards authoritarian eco-fascism.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This has been his position on M4A throughout. But like I said in the primary thread, this was a fantasy question that would never happen and he airballed it instead of just saying "yes I'd love to pass a m4a bill that has that kind of support."

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
That's a rather expected answer from a man who doesn't support M4A because he thinks it costs too much. There's probably a better answer to that question that doesn't come off as awkward, hypotheticals are good for taking control of the narrative.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The answer really isn't that horrible. Were people really expecting him to just adopt a Bernie platform?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile we spend 686 billion dollars on the military.

Let me repeat that

$ 6 8 6 b i l l i o n d o l l a r s

o n t h e m i l i t a r y

18944.jpg

The Military Industrial Complex cannot be stopped.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any poll results showing Americans stance on M4A? When I come on this forum, it seems to have overwhelming support, but I rarely see it in my anecdotal life.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine working so hard to deny poor people healthcare.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
I like how he gives a complete nonanswer, and despite that you have most of this thread and a bunch of Bernie Bros on Twitter saying "see! He's evil!"

He doesn't even mention M4A in his answer, he basically said nothing at all.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all better get out and fucking vote if your primary hasn't gone off yet is all I can say. And bring your whole damn family with you. I just can not deal with 4 years of this senile old fuck.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
You can tell who in this thread actually watched the video themselves and who just read the thread title.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how he gives a complete nonanswer, and despite that you have most of this thread and a bunch of Bernie Bros on Twitter saying "see! He's evil!"

A non-answer to a yes or no question about "if you had this bill as Sanders constructed it would you destroy it" and his answer is yes.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man has a point, we would have to gut so much to get that, no point. Fix ACA some more.

MC4A cost money, I don't want my taxes raised, it's that simple.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days) antagonizing other users
The thread title is not an accurate representation of what was said.
True, but thats a regular thing here these days.

Smart answer though. M4A is underwater with the folks we need to win the election. You see there is this thing called politics where you have to message appropriately and not just alienate everyone to win a national election and i know folks dont get it but dont worry, people are hard at work trying to make sure Trump doesn't wipe you all off the map completely.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any poll results showing Americans stance on M4A? When I come on this forum, it seems to have overwhelming support, but I rarely see it in my anecdotal life.

It was the leading issue voters had, even in states Biden won on Super Tuesday.

If we're defining the Dem voting coalition on anything, next to beating Trump, it's specifically a M4A program, and likely the Warren or Sanders range.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

People just hear what they want to hear at this point. Or they're reading the thread title without watching the clip and freaking out.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
People like a "Medicare for all" but once you specify what that means--a public option, universal healthcare, etc., the numbers drop. Leaving it vague lets people think it's anything they want.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
The thread title is not an accurate representation of what was said.

Your right. He says two stupid things. That Medicare for all would take healthcare away from people for some reason and that he wouldn't sign it as a result. Hmmm sounds like that bullshit talking point people who appose medicare for all have been spouting.

In this very same interview he claims he didn't support the War in Iraq. That he was promised Bush wouldn't invade. An absolute lie as can be seen in this very good compilation of his most notable lies.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
i think people were hoping that the lack of support for an important first step fixing the slow burning humanitarian crisis in america was feasibility, not buying in to the health pharma industrial complex's talking points

like i think that's a reasonable thing to want out of the democratic nominee

Your right. He says two stupid things. That Medicare for all would take healthcare away from people for some reason and that he wouldn't sign it as a result. Hmmm sounds like that bullshit talking point people who appose medicare for all have been spouting.

fucking looooool

trump won't own this man on support for iraq?

cmon man i'm not even happy it's just kind of depressing

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

It has broad support among Democrats, with varying levels of support conditional upon qualifiers like how much it will cost taxpayers, or if they would be able to keep their current insurance, etc.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm convinced people in this forum became defensive Joe fans after ST not because they like him but because they're afraid "division" will cost us the election. I can't imagine any other reason particularly if you're young.
I mean I'm gonna support him but he's not my first choice I doubt he's many peoples first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.