• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Joe Rogan is facing backlash after he baselessly suggested President Joe Biden faked receiving the COVID-19 booster shot on live TV.

The comedian tossed out his conspiracy theory about Biden's televised third dose of the Pfizer vaccine during Thursday's episode of his wildly popular "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast on Spotify. Biden got his booster on TV Monday and made another pitch for vaccinations.

"I don't think they would take the chance," Rogan mused about Biden taking the shot on camera. "I think if they were going to give him a booster shot, the last thing they would do is give it to him live on television."

"What if he dies? What if he blacks out? What if he like gets it and faints?" he continued. "Like, because people have had very bad reactions like in the moment for whatever reason."

Critics on Twitter accused Rogan of using his huge platform to spread vaccine disinformation to his audience, which is in the hundreds of millions..

In May, Rogan said he was a "fucking moron" and "not a respected source of information" after falsely claiming young and healthy people don't need to get inoculated.

After contracting the coronavirus, Rogan admitted to throwing the "kitchen sink" at his illness with a cocktail of drugs, including the drug ivermectin, used in livestock dewormers. The Food and Drug Administration has cautioned people against using ivermectin, which studies have shown is ineffective against COVID-19.

www.huffpost.com

Joe Rogan Ripped For Conspiratorial Hot Take On Biden’s COVID-19 Booster

The "Joe Rogan Experience" host has previously admitted he's a "f**king moron" and "not a respected source of information."

Rogan is just awful. And once again, Spotify will do nothing about this.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
E-TZpX9WEAYLLNU.jpg

Jun 20, 2021
Are you going to block clips of this as vaccine misinformation or is that just for small channels, YouTube?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Let's ignore this idiot before he gets the idea to run for President himself.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
The people we should be discussing Joe Rogan's boneheaded and dangerous approach to public health with (Joe Rogan fans) don't post here. I'm not ripping you for posting, but since that is the case, I don't really see why we need threads on this clown when the only discourse is going to be (rightfully) shitting on this dude.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Why do there continue to be Rogan threads on era?
I mean...they're not ever painting him in a good light. If anything it's good to show that he's a dipshit to the people that still watch/listen to him. Nobody here is going to say "WOW! That's a great take. This guy might be on to something..." and then start listening to his podcast. Like...this isn't going to persuade the people that don't listen to him TO listen to him however it could make some people listening to him now to stop.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Of course he didn't, but who even cares if he had faked it? It's obvious he got it either way, and showing it publicly is to help promote the idea. If it somehow came out that he did, what a stupid, boring scandal it would be.

sckathian

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 25, 2021
Truth about anti-vax people is their absolutely terrified of covid and in turn the vaccine. There is a social aspect too but the main driver is fear. They will say or believe anything that allows them to feel safe. Theres no point engaging. I still find it amazing that post-covid there are people in denial claiming they control everything their body consumes - but we are where we are.

Never really understood the draw Rogan has with people. Never seen any content from him that was engaging.

Oct 27, 2017
From the OP:

"Rogan is just awful. And once again, Spotify will do nothing about this."

Unless either of those two things changes, what other possible discussion is there?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
"What if he dies? What if he blacks out? What if he like gets it and faints?" he continued. "Like, because people have had very bad reactions like in the moment for whatever reason."

What if he sprouts wings and takes off to the sky. We can play the What If game all fucking day.

In May, Rogan said he was a "fucking moron" and "not a respected source of information" after falsely claiming young and healthy people don't need to get inoculated.

AH, the Fox News Defense!

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Saying they faked the shot is pushing the conspiracy, no matter the context. They didn't fake him getting the shot.
I didn't say they faked the shot. Nothing anywhere close to that. "No matter the context" is dismissive and misleading, because it's very important… as are words. Please read my comment again, and use logic

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course he didn't, but who even cares if he had faked it? It's obvious he got it either way, and showing it publicly is to help promote the idea. If it somehow came out that he did, what a stupid, boring scandal it would be.
…the president faking getting a Covid vaccine on live TV would be a gigantic story and cause absolute chaos. Are you kidding me?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Was Biden the first human being to receive the vaccine? They never tested it out on anybody before they gave it to the president?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I didn't say they faked the shot. Nothing anywhere close to that. "No matter the context" is dismissive and misleading, because it's very important… as are words. Please read my comment again, and use logic

I took your "of course he didn't" to mean, "Of course he didn't get the shot, but who cares either way?"

If I misunderstood that, apologies.

Nov 1, 2017
Watched the clip and he was clearly just making conversation and jokingly bantering with his guest.

JR gets a lot of 100% deserved shit but this is clickbait I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.