• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Posted 7 hours ago on his IG, no additional context.

So...yeah.

Relevant:

Punisher-Hates-Cops-Using-Skull-Logo-30803abf-1c1a-4cd2-b179-a1ab0c744a50.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Top comment of that post:

tgerman72

Ok for all of you conspiracy theorists, anti cop people and general assbags...he is acting in a new role that has nothing to do with the punisher! He is playing a Baltimore Cop along with Josh Charles and Jamie Hector from The Wire. It is a series on HBO about a corrupt team of Baltimore City Cops. #weownthiscity

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see the picture but seems like it must be related to this series he's shooting?

We Own the City is set in Baltimore 2015. Riots are erupting across the city as citizens demand justice for Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old Black man who has died under suspicious circumstances while in police custody. Drug and violent crime are surging, and the city is reaching its highest murder count in more than two decades: 342 homicides in a single year, in a city of just 600,000 people. Facing pressure from the mayor's office-as well as a federal investigation of the department over Gray's death-Baltimore police commanders turn to a rank-and-file hero, Sergeant Wayne Jenkins, and his elite plainclothes unit, the Gun Trace Task Force, to help get guns and drugs off the street. However, behind these new efforts, a criminal conspiracy of unprecedented scale was unfolding within the police department. Entrusted with fixing the city's drug and gun crisis, Jenkins chose to exploit it instead.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full Context makes sense. In the past he had been pretty outspoken with regard to punisher stuff. Though he should have had more to it to keep the asshats at bay

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Yeah not adding a caption didn't help speculation, that's for sure. But he has said things similar to the below plenty of times (the belwo in response to Capitol insurrectionists.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Bernthal has, as far as I recall, been heavily critical of cops using the Punisher logo in the past. You might be reading too much into this.
That's not a response to Blue Lives Matter or cops, specifically; only to "violent" people using the skull.
And... Who else is infamous in the whole world for using the Punisher skull but American cops?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
He was so close to sticking the finger that would really send the right message.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh good... Saw the other post. I was shocked seeing this after what he said a while.

they are all the same these days. blue wall red wall bullshit

i am aware

in fact I find the redwall shit even more despicable because they ran to sign up for that shit to be like the police. didn't have to do that at all.
What?

Who the heck has beef with fire folks? They are not even close.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
lolwut? People hate firefighters now?
depends on the area, wether people are suspicious of them or not. I can name a few towns in Maryland where they have back the blue and blue line red line signs posted up in their Fire Departments

We've even had threads on them here. And I said similar shit

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
depends on the area, wether people are suspicious of them or not. I can name a few towns in Maryland where they have back the blue and blue line red line signs posted up in their Fire Departments
Are you sure you didn't just not realize that pic you posted wasn't the police department and you're too embarrassed to admit that so you're pretending everyone hates firefighter now?

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bernthal has, as far as I recall, been heavily critical of cops using the Punisher logo in the past. You might be reading too much into this.

And... Who else is infamous in the whole world for using the Punisher skull but American cops?

Bernthal has not been as specific in his denunciation as you might think. He could clear this up at any moment.

Meanwhile, shitbirds are celebrating him.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure you didn't just not realize that pic you posted wasn't the police department and you're too embarrassed to admit that so you're pretending everyone hates firefighter now?
baby i don't give a fuck. i guess it's new to some people to see their fire departments aim to be as....racist as the police departments.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think that's enough to start lumping firefighters and the pigs together unless firefighters are actively partaking in systemic racism. Let alone a reason to lump Jon Bernthal into it as well.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

i am aware

in fact I find the redwall shit even more despicable because they ran to sign up for that shit to be like the police. di
dn't have to do that at all.
Lmao grow up. I bet you thought they were cops and now youve realised they werent firefighters are fine.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

i am aware

in fact I find the redwall shit even more despicable because they ran to sign up for that shit to be like the police. didn't have to do that at all.

I was under the impression that a lot of firefighters have beef with the police

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I've never heard anyone campaign for defunding the fire department, except for libertarians.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

We've even had threads on them here. And I said similar shit
I won't pretend racism doesn't exist in the firefighting profession but to use that insta post as an example, as if palling around with a group of firefighters is anywhere even close to as bad as it would've been if it was a group of cops is completely fucking asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.