• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Boing Boing:
Marvel's beloved supervillain, Red Skull, is posed as a comically reactionary lifestyle guru in his latest comic-book incarnation, authored by Te Nahesi Coates. Jordan Petersen, the comically reactionary lifestyle guru, regards it as a parody of him specifically, and is mad about it online.
"It's pretty funny that Jordan Peterson is complaining that the Nazi Supervillain Red Skull sounds like him," wrote Lily Simpson on Twitter.

Though Peterson presents himself as a free-speech absolutist, especially when it comes to the right to offend people, he is quite thin-skinned (as today's tweets confirm) and no stranger to litigation when it is he who is offended.

peterson.jpg

I know that we have a dedicated Peterson thread but I thought this warranted it's own. Also it's comics related. And y'know, seeing how being so close to death hasn't changed Peterson from his old bitter endlessly whiny man ways.

Oct 25, 2017
[edit] already linked

www.resetera.com

Jordan Peterson - The "Intellectual" We Deserve

Update [Sep. 8, 2018]: At the bottom of this OP I added links to an on going exhaustive series of essays by Dan Dolderman, a colleague of Jordan Peterson in the Department of Psychology at University of Toronto. _ _ _ _ _ The following is a great article against Jordan B. Peterson...

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Red Skull becomes a right-wing Youtuber" would have been seen as way too on the nose even a couple of years ago, but now...

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Jordan Peterson is salty because the Red Skull in Ta-Nehisi's Captain America run is based on him

Recently our good old "intellectual" Peterson discovered that Ta-Nehisi in his Captain America Run used Peterson as a basis for the Red Skull. To the shock of no one Peterson is clueless why anyone would think he's like the Red Skull.
My bad.

Red Skull is Davis Aurini
Haven't heard that name in such a long time.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know Jordan Petersons content well enough to make a good judgment, is there anything that makes it clear it is a parody of him specifically or is he seeing himself in this rendition of Red Skull?

The last thing would be even funnier to me.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
While we all love to dunk on Jordan Peterson, let's keep it to this thread:

www.resetera.com

Jordan Peterson - The "Intellectual" We Deserve

Update [Sep. 8, 2018]: At the bottom of this OP I added links to an on going exhaustive series of essays by Dan Dolderman, a colleague of Jordan Peterson in the Department of Psychology at University of Toronto. _ _ _ _ _ The following is a great article against Jordan B. Peterson...

Status
Not open for further replies.