• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
A Chicago mother is appealing a court order that revoked her parental visiting rights because she declined to be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

When Rebecca Firlit and her ex-husband of seven years participated in a child support hearing via video call on Aug. 10 for the purpose of determining the terms of shared custody of their 11-year-old son, Cook County Judge James Shapiro inquired about Firlit's vaccination status. After Firlit told the judge she did not receive the vaccine because of adverse reactions she has had to other vaccines, he ordered her to be stripped of her parental right to visit her son until she has been vaccinated.

"I think that it's wrong. I think that it's dividing families. And I think it's not in my son's best interest to be away from his mother," Firlit told local Fox-affiliate WFLD.

"You have to understand the father did not even bring this issue before the court. So, it's the judge on his own and making this decision that you can't see your child until you're vaccinated," Fernholz said.

Jeffrey Leving, who represents the boy's father, expressed surprise by Shapiro's decision but said they were supportive.

"There are children who have died because of COVID. I think every child should be safe, and I agree that the mother should be vaccinated," Leving said.
news.yahoo.com

Judge strips Chicago mother of parental rights for not being vaccinated

A Chicago mother is appealing a court order that revoked her parental visiting rights because she declined to be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, the right is going to be frothing at the mouth to use this for fear mongering

THE RADICAL LEFT AND THEIR JUDGES WANT TO TEAR YOUR CHILDREN RIGHT OUT OF YOUR ARMS IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST THAT IS THE COVID VACCINE

HITLER
HOLOCAUST
SATANISTS

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
The validity of this part:

After Firlit told the judge she did not receive the vaccine because of adverse reactions she has had to other vaccines, he ordered her to be stripped of her parental right to visit her son until she has been vaccinated.

seems awfully important. It would be pretty fucked up if she had a legit reason of being unable to take the vaccine and she was stripped of her child because of that.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, the headline is a way more explosive than what actually happened. Being stripped of your parental rights is akin to not being able to ever get your kid back. This is just blocking visitation until she gets vaccinated.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
This to me seems less of her being an anti-vaxxer and more of her being unable to take the vaccine. She should probably have gotten a doctor to actually verify that, but I digress.

Also, I get the vibe that this is just a temporary visitation revocation more than anything else because of Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.