• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these do you think is close?

• Avowed.

• Everwild.

• Fable.

• Forza Motosport.

• Perfect Dark.

• State of Decay 3.

• None of them are close.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Starts around 51:30.

"That person is dead wrong about one of them, like legit for sure dead wrong, factually wrong".

The games being talked about in that rumor were the ones we havent seen gameplay for it yet such as Perfect Dark, Avowed (?), Forza Motosport (?), Everwild, State of Decay 3(?) and Fable, Hellblade 2 (?). The ones without (?) were mentioned by name in the rumor for sure, the others implied.

Karak is not talking about Bethesda here (Starfield close, ESVI far), Halo Infinite, AOE4 (that we know are coming this year), the smaller games (Grounded, Psychonauts 2 and As Dusk Falls) or other unnanounced games coming soon (but to be clear there have been rumors about some of those coming very soon).

I wanna center this thread around those far away games and which of those you guys think are coming soon (Karak being right it would be at least one), I previously thought of the the 3 name dropped in the rumor Everwild was the closest but Matty seems to think that it is Fable and that Perfect Dark is very far.

The other ones I would think Motosport was closest (some think Horizon 5 comes out first though) and State of Decay 3 the furthest out, with Avowed and Hellblade 2, sitting somewhere in the middle.

For the poll I am still voting Everwild, but curious to see the results and what you guys think!

Edit: I completely forgot about Hellblade 2, even in the poll, but if that is your pick, please mention it in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm pretty confident that it's Forza Motorsport.

There's a possibility that it will release in an "incomplete" state (i.e. it will launch with a promise of consistent updates over time) in a similar fashion to Gran Turismo Sport last gen, but it will launch and be available pretty soon nonetheless.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Karak and Colin Moriarity what a combination.

I voted Forza btw, I think that could be late 2021 or early 2022.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I voted Forza (of course) but personally I don't think that was supposed to be included in the initial rumor.

I think Avowed/Fable/Perfect Dark/SOD3 were the only ones included in the rumor.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Well for one thing the actual journalist only mentioned Everwild, Fable and Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark is a pretty obvious one, and we had an insider here mention that they'd be surprised if Everwild makes 22, so that leaves that Fable being a 2022 game as the only real choice if one chooses to trust some random Youtuber instead of an actual journalist.

Besides even the journalist admitted he was exaggerating and that the games aren't that far away

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Many of these games when shown last year were known to be 2022 releases, at the earliest.

What definition of "far away" are we using?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ehhhh I don't play non horizon games so hard for me to get excited. Like i won't even download that on Gamepass.

didn't we just have a "ranking every gamepass game" topic by this same podcast a month ago? Defining Duke no?

Deleted member 27647

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The ACG guy hangs around with Colin Moriarty? That's disappointing. :(

My money is on Forza since it's been such a reliable release in the past.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
ACG content isn't banned here. I've seen the mods say it multiple times in threads where people ask. He is banned from a user account perspective but people can discuss his content and share posts...

I'm happy to be corrected, but I've seen it asked in a diff Xbox thread and it was clarified. I can try and find where it was..

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I can't remember where, but I read months ago somewhere that perfect dark would be episodically, so the first episode wouldn't be far away, but I don't think it will be the case.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Fable would be the biggest surprise but not really. When was that game started in development because we have heard rumors for quite a long time they were working on something besides Forza Horizon.

One of the Forza games will likely be out this year.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Definitely not State of Decay:

Everwild and Avowed still seem very early.

Rumours around Playground Games having a second team and a new Fable being in development had been floating around for a while so could well be further along than shown. Forza Motorsport 8 and Perfect Dark have been in development for years. Any of those three could be the 'surprise' release but to me only Fable would actually be a surprise.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
well, it is obvious MS has a lot of projects in the works by 1st and 3P but I believe this unannounced project will fall under Xbox Global Publishing.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Why do I have the bad feeling that it will be one that will feel like an Early Access/Games as a Service game at release?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colin is banned here.

I wish there was post that explained why because I genuinely don't know. There are several bans on individuals or sites and it feels like you're just supposed to know. I'm not asking to dig up or start debates about it but a mod post on the discussion/FAQ section you can't reply to or something.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza has to be the closest one. T10 has a very steady workflow. After that, I think Perfect Dark has to be close. Everwold is definitely gonna be the last one to release.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Forza is too obvious.

I'm thinking either Avowed or Everwild. Between the two I'll say Avowed. I think Obsidian are more capable of delivering shorter dev cycle products. Avowed could be coming next year.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Forza is probably the closest. And then Everwild sometime after that. Don't expect any of those until 2022 though. And of course covid will cause delays. But it won't be long before there is an ongoing avalanche of first party games. 23 studios with a lot of them with multiple teams, and then quite a few games from the publishing group? Yeah gonna be a crap ton of games in a few years.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I got the impression FM8 is still a while away because they're still working on the technology. A cross-gen FH5 not using the new tech is the one I thought there would be a possibility of releasing this year.

My vote is for Avowed because they've been working on it since before the acquisition in 2018 and Obsidian is usually pretty efficient. That being said I think it's still 2022.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's around the time when Trumper Black Chamber was permabanned for the Cyberpunk 2077 OT.
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

I couldn't find the statement before, but now I see that it even says "text-only thread" and not even "text-only post". So not only was the limitation of text only thrown out, it was broken by the staff in the second post of the thread. I know I'm just one voice, but I personally find them...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I wish there was post that explained why because I genuinely don't know. There are several bans on individuals or sites and it feels like you're just supposed to know. I'm not asking to dig up or start debates about it but a mod post on the discussion/FAQ section you can't reply to or something.

Many, many tweets like this

People usually are banned here for racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia...

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Many of these games when shown last year were known to be 2022 releases, at the earliest.

What definition of "far away" are we using?
I think the original rumor was that the person who said it, mentioned he wouldnt be surprised if those came out around the time of a mid gen xbox revision.

If that wasnt hyperbole then very far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.