• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That guy still doesn't know what he's talking about.
I guess some people would always prefer believing conspiracy theories because it proves they're right even if it makes no sense.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I'll say about this, is that digital foundry's supposed "bias" changes all the time.
Sometimes they're Sony fanboys according to some. Sometimes they're Xbox fanboys according to some.

Nov 23, 2017
A 43 minute "Gamer expose!!!!!" and Youtube CHUD screed against a well trusted and well reputed source that personally attacks members of this very own forum.

Yes this is the epic Joker rise up content I wanted to see....we live in an incorrectly frame paced society

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who came into this knowing exactly 0% of what it was about, I think it's hilarious that it took me like 10 minutes of searching around the video before I could figure out which side of the "console war" this thrash guy was upset that DF was on.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i watched like five minutes and my head did the big hurt.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the way this dude is talking and trying to get a point across is so incoherent that it would make trump proud

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Video probably would have been clearer if he read from a script

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
There's a legitimate argument for bias in Digital Foundry because unconscious bias exists regardless of intentions, but this is hardly 'proof' that Digital Foundry is being paid by Microsoft to play softball with them. The fact of the matter is that the PS4 Pro is a weaker piece of hardware (even if developers don't always take full advantage of it) than the Xbox One X and games with similar optimization on both consoles will suffer on the PS4 Pro. This is by and large an objective fact. KingThrash sounds like a conspiracy theorist on this one and I can only imagine that any discussion on the topic will lead to console warring because, well, that's what he's doing in this video.

You should consider thinking carefully about KingThrash's argument and whether or not it should shake your trust in Digital Foundry as an entity. I think the point he presents is weak, misleading, and draws a more dangerous conclusion than any real evidence he presents actually supports.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Who is this guy, why do I care, and why is his video so long and incoherent? We drudging up bogeymen because we're tired of playing the games we buy again?

DF is probably the most neutral outlet we have right now.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Unwatchable video for me. I get what he's saying and while I do agree that it almost feels like DF are biased sometimes, I think it's just an end result of being a bunch of enthusiasts analyzing graphics for a living. Your conclusion will never cater to 100% of your fan base. Never forget that many are still using these analysis as munition in the great "console war".

But I do feel like they've shown Gears 5 like it was on the same league and the grand AAA of the past few years while it honestly looked very ordinary to me, no matter the cool techs behind the game. But that's what I was talking about just above. They will never produce a video where everyone agree.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a terrible, terrible video and the fact that you took it at face value and promoted it is weird and sad.

OP
OP
b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
You should consider thinking carefully about KingThrash's argument and whether or not it should shake your trust in Digital Foundry as an entity. I think the point he presents is weak, misleading, and draws a more dangerous conclusion than any real evidence he presents actually supports.
Huh, i guess i'm sceptical cause it definitely doesnt seem like DF. I mean, DF didnt compare shadows/reflections like they did in GoW or Spiderman. I mean its not even close, they spent alot of time on Spiderman. Coupled with nothing negative about Gears like other usual DF reviews, coupled with no in-game samples/screenshots compared, coupled with John phrasing the tech in the review *before* MS had even talked about it..Come on now.

Edit: Peeps saying the vid is unwatchable, how so? There is no cussing or swearing : its just evidence after evidence...

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Huh, i guess i'm sceptical cause it definitely doesnt seem like DF. I mean, DF didnt compare shadows/reflections like they did in GoW or Spiderman. I mean its not even close, they spent alot of time on Spiderman. Coupled with nothing negative about Gears like other usual DF reviews, coupled with no in-game samples/screenshots compared, coupled with John using tech phrases in the review before MS had even talked about it..Come on now.

And don't you think it may perhaps be because John enjoyed Spiderman far more than Gears 5 as a videogame, making him further analyze games he spends more time with? There's the job, then there's the legit incredible fun coupled with the job, making you want to surpass yourself. Perhaps????? I mean, can we fucking stop shitting on passionate men like him and pretend there's always a conspiracy behind? FFS...

OP
OP
b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Not my intention to shit on anybody, and i feel horrible if peeps take it that way. I am a genuine fan of DF but things just don't add up with Gears 5 and this video brings up alot of questions. lt didnt feel like a review to me - and if people dont feel like that, fair enough. I feel otherwise.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This guy is a joke and is an insult to the hard working subject matter experts at DF. His first video was so bad I could hardly get through it. I've said this before, but there is no one with more integrity than John Linneman when it comes to games analysis.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Not my intention to shit on anybody, and i feel horrible if peeps take it that way. I am a genuine fan of DF but things just don't add up with Gears 5 and this video brings up alot of questions. lt didnt feel like a review to me - and if people dont feel like that, fair enough. I feel otherwise.

Whether or not your intention was to shit on them, it's obvious that KingThrash is suggesting that DigitalFoundry are 'shills' and the YouTube comments only back that up. It's entirely fair to say that their review of Gears 5 was a little limp, but that's an entirely different thing than saying they're being bought and paid for by Microsoft. That's a strong accusation and an unfortunately common one that uses 'evidence' cherry-picked to support an argument, not the other way around. It's certainly not proof that things don't 'add up', though DigitalFoundry themselves might be better able to explain their decisions. The video title talking about them being 'exposed' doesn't help that case.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just can't with this video, holy shit

i tried to give him a chance

if someone could create a post detailing his main arguments/accusations, that'd be great, because from what I've gathered, the dude can hardly grasp the tech discussed in DF videos

he might be better off with a paragraph or two in text form rather than a 43min rant where he often can't finish a sentence properly or coherently

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Who is this guy, why do I care, and why is his video so long and incoherent? We drudging up bogeymen because we're tired of playing the games we buy again?

DF is probably the most neutral outlet we have right now.

I believe it is because the dude in the video has been watching DF talk about him on social media, here and neogaf that he feels he had to make this video.

That's the reason why he is coming up in a few conversations all of a sudden.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
this thread doesn't seem to be resulting in any actual discussion, so it's been locked

Status
Not open for further replies.