EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Dunno that we can really determine anything from the vote yesterday, as there was no real driving force or wagons, and two people didn't even vote.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
That flip makes feps' claim very likely true and also probably means that we're dealing with a Goon + Roleblocker Scum team left.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
With trembling hands, the package is unwrapped, although few have doubts about what will be inside.
se7en.png

Randomless no :( Was looking forward to playing with you. And uh sorry Leo, that day end was messy and a tough one to feel out at half attention.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if its that surprising. The spot was fairly town read and with two claimed doctors I don't think scum could let both of them just stay out there.

I was definitely a little disappointed when I read back over things how little activity there was after I had to leave for the day. Holiday and all but activity level was way down.
It was but you still had FEP pushing the 'maybe, maybe not' boundry and malus was even open to scumreading the spot. i agree you couldn't let both of them go (or the cop) and one doctor had to die but...i dunno, it being Rando is weird to me.
Dunno that we can really determine anything from the vote yesterday, as there was no real driving force or wagons, and two people didn't even vote.
in my defense i subbed in and am Green Checked Town:tm: but i cant answer for malus.

think scum weren't up to die?
I don't like Wizard's vote at EOD.
i'll have to reread it but i soul-read monkey as town so...dunno. i dont think monkey does all this work as scum.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
So far we have:

HP - claimed 1-shot cop - very likely Town
feps - claimed doctor - if nobody else claims doctor, very likely Town

That leaves one Town power role unaccounted for

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm 1-shot doc is interesting in the setup, that could be a clear on feps? Depends on if Stan is a doc, but if not I think feps has to be town.
yeah sounds like it. it happens :<

think scum was there at day end?
Depends on if scum were planning for a tie, or waiting on the sidelines. I think the latter is less likely as my vote came very late and so if there was a game of chicken they had a good read on me.
I don't like Wizard's vote at EOD.
What don't you like about it?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OKAY, SOME READS.

note i havent read sparks yet and want to. however im leaving soon for the evening so it's questionable if i can get to em.

Town:
Myself, obv
Eddy - The misread of the Doctor role just feels very 'new town player' to me and I don't think he's lying about it. I also can see his logic about VA/Leo and not wanting another misvote if he believe he would protect Va/Leo coming into today. I think he's good! (and nice to meet you btw!)
HP - don't think he's lying about being a cop with the way he claimed. saying he has info and then being bummed out no one asked him about it just feels too honest.

Probs Town:
Monkey - disagree with my past-self that monkey is seeming scummy. I think what she is doing is pushing the game forward and getting talk out of people that normally wouldn't be speaking up. I wouldn't vote there.
Hedin - i kept reading his posts so far and agreeing with them a whole lot. maybe it's bias since we are mind melding right now but i think he's good.

Shrugs/Nulls:
Stan - sassy as always but not much else besides that. shrug
EC? - i want to actually put EC in a town lean space but i feel like i need to see more from him. im also still trying to learn to read him better even though i feel like i learned a lot from ducktales. would probably vote Stan before i voted EC imo

Scummies;
FEP - I can kinda see what he is doing by asking for clarification from Eddy about why he picked Leo but I disagree with the relentlessness of the questions and his paranoid conclusion about it. Monkey said it earlier that it felt more like FEP was trying to keep busy by pushing Eddy and I agree with that imo. Also dont particularly like the whole "vote one person and ignore them just to grill another" since that's EZ scum tactics.
Leo - I had a couple of quotes picked out from Leo that rubbed me the wrong way and you can see them above. Some of his posts just feel....off? like he's a little uncomfortable and unsure where to stand? i'll have to read back again but if he is town and knows the wagons were TvT (which he has stated repeatedly) i find it odd he didn't follow what hedin/monkey/someone said about scum maybe just sitting still and not jumping around. dunno, feel like if you were town you would use that information more to your advantage.
Malus - *whispers* i almost always scumread malus so this shouldnt be shocking to anyone. but if im going off of what i've read so far he has done a lot of numbers and made a weird post and assumed Fanto shot scum when we dont know if that's the case.

uhhhhhhh would probably vote from most likely to least:
Leo > FEP = Malus >> Stan > EC

anyway got to run! will be back later and hopefully can get more concrete reads from the responses to my questions. :>

So update:
FEP: Claimed Doc
HP: Cop
Sneeks: Green Checked

that leaves:
malus
stan
EC
Wiz
hedin

we have 2 scum left at most (i think?) so that means we are 8: 6 Town - 2 Scum
misvote today and NK leaves us at 4 Town - 2 Scum
Misvote following day and NK leaves us at 2 Town - 2 Scum. aka gameover.

so we are close to end game here. something to keep in mind going forward.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to a mass claim since most important roles are already in the open.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
we have 2 scum left at most (i think?) so that means we are 8: 6 Town - 2 Scum
misvote today and NK leaves us at 4 Town - 2 Scum
Misvote following day and NK leaves us at 2 Town - 2 Scum. aka gameover.

so we are close to end game here. something to keep in mind going forward.
Huh that actually feels sooner than expected with two baddies dying n1, but it is a smaller game.
We should no kill tomorrow if we miss today then, to force scum to make a final 5 with some soft clears in there.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My PoE basically boils down to EC and one of Stan or Hedin
Just one? You sound confident here.
It's just the much more likely scenario.
We're either in 3T world with one Town role still hidden or in 1T world with three roles still hidden.

why didnt you vote? let's try that before a claim lol
Honestly, I thought the day had been extended and failed to check while visiting family over Easter.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Hmm 1-shot doc is interesting in the setup, that could be a clear on feps? Depends on if Stan is a doc, but if not I think feps has to be town.

Depends on if scum were planning for a tie, or waiting on the sidelines. I think the latter is less likely as my vote came very late and so if there was a game of chicken they had a good read on me.

What don't you like about it?
It just felt a little forced.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
It just felt a little forced.
That's fair, in a sense it was because there was a tie that looked unlikely to be broken. In Russian doll we had a last minute tie and I think cult got away as a result, but yeah it was a tough call I'm alright with facing some scrutiny on it with Leo flipping town.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
I think the below post was too big / the people I pinged weren't really around so I wanted to bump some of it.
Day 1 reread, surprisingly light considering Monkey and Fanto had posted the most:
HP picking haw over Monkey/Leo for the cop check - he has a larger post explaining it that I caught on my day 2 catchup, I think I am okay with that for now.
EvilChameleon can you explain your town reads on Monkey/Hedin/Fanto day 1? And your town reads from yesterday?
MrHedin I think I saw a readlist from you on day 2 but not much vote discussion. Thoughts on the two days of voting? You weren't around for the feps claim, initial impressions on that?
malus you missed two end of days, where do you think your vote would have landed on each?

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
My vote would probably have gone to EC yesterday. D1 I would have switched to VA to break the tie.
Biggest factor in your uptick for Leo? (considering he was a wagon yesterday and EC wasn't?)
All those users were, and still are, being very helpful and open with the game, and contributing a bunch of activity.
Cool, is there anyone for you that stands out for reasons outside of activity?

malus, I think get what you are getting at with the role questions. But there's a flaw - scum likely have a roleblocker. If we do have a PR hiding and feps is our doctor, they will kill feps and block the hidden PR. If that hidden PR is a doc/cop/blocker, isn't it better for them to stay under wraps?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Because I want to know if he was roleblocked. It's likely that we have a Town roleblocker as well, so if feps tried to save Eddy/Rando we know that he was blocked from doing so. It also means that whoever our own roleblocker blocked wasn't Scum.

From the game rules in the first post:

• No notifications unless they are necessary:
    • Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
    • Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
    • Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Biggest factor in your uptick for Leo? (considering he was a wagon yesterday and EC wasn't?)

Cool, is there anyone for you that stands out for reasons outside of activity?

malus, I think get what you are getting at with the role questions. But there's a flaw - scum likely have a roleblocker. If we do have a PR hiding and feps is our doctor, they will kill feps and block the hidden PR. If that hidden PR is a doc/cop/blocker, isn't it better for them to stay under wraps?
I thought the interaction between Monkey and Leo felt very much like Town!Leo.

It depends on how two roleblockers would be resolved. If we can clear more people, it also means the pool of possible Scum candidates gets smaller, increasing our chances to find the Scum roleblocker as well. We can also only afford one more miselimination, so there's not that much more time for claims but I'd be fine with waiting one more day.

From the game rules in the first post:

• No notifications unless they are necessary:
    • Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
    • Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
    • Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.
That doesn't matter though. We know the kill went through, so if feps tried to save Eddy/Rando we still know he was blocked.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I think the below post was too big / the people I pinged weren't really around so I wanted to bump some of it.

HP picking haw over Monkey/Leo for the cop check - he has a larger post explaining it that I caught on my day 2 catchup, I think I am okay with that for now.
EvilChameleon can you explain your town reads on Monkey/Hedin/Fanto day 1? And your town reads from yesterday?
MrHedin I think I saw a readlist from you on day 2 but not much vote discussion. Thoughts on the two days of voting? You weren't around for the feps claim, initial impressions on that?
malus you missed two end of days, where do you think your vote would have landed on each?

I thought I was pretty open with my vote process on feps so I'm not sure what you are talking about with vote discussion. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I had been around for feps' claim. I felt fairly good about Leo so I don't think I would have moved there. I'm actually surprised another train didn't develop after the claim but maybe the holiday just killed any activity.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was pretty open with my vote process on feps so I'm not sure what you are talking about with vote discussion.
Reread what I wrote, not so much your vote process but discussion of the votes on each day. In our previous games, I've seen you look at the wagons. Any insights to scum stacking or spreading on day 1? We know day 1 ended TvT, where were scum in that situation? (outside of Sparks on nin)
I honestly don't know what I would have done if I had been around for feps' claim. I felt fairly good about Leo so I don't think I would have moved there. I'm actually surprised another train didn't develop after the claim but maybe the holiday just killed any activity.
How come, since you were on his train day 1?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Going to recalibrate this with my skim impressions:

Town:
- Eddy -> Yup, the play just feels too 4d for a brand new player.
- Sneeks -> Also yes, given the odds of hitting a godfather.

The rest is where we start to diverge.

Town lean:
- HP: claiming this early as scum is risky, especially 1 down
- Leo: I feel like day 1 end was TvTvT, leading to the somewhat relaxed end. Fanto was the only one invested in breaking the tie as the least informed baddie. His stubbornness on Monkey on this page doesn't read like scum who know the slot is town.

Null
- Hedin: only memorable moment was his hesitation to tie break on Nin. At face value that looks slightly Scummy, but Hedin specifically may have preferred to be on wagon here as scum.
- Feps: complete null on day 1. Only thing standing out today is grilling Eddy which is.. fine? I'd like more from him.
- Stan: nothing comes to mind from Stan. Will check how Monkey arrived at a town lean here.

Scummy:
- malus: Voting off wagon, statistical busywork. Both feel very similar to his scum game last game where I yelled from spec.
- EC: Feels a bit more self conscious than our previous games, I am used to him speaking his mind and not caring about looking scummy

Looking through this it kind of feels like an intentional mix up from Monkey reads, and especially from a quick skim. Do you have anything updated since you have more time in the game?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Reread what I wrote, not so much your vote process but discussion of the votes on each day. In our previous games, I've seen you look at the wagons. LAny insights to scum stacking or spreading on day 1? We know day 1 ended TvT, where were scum in that situation? (outside of Sparks on nin)

How come, since you were on his train day 1?

The way D1 turned out there wasn't really any analysis that could be done. There was the same amount of people off train than there were on the leading vote, the votes were just too spread out to really figure things out.

As for my stance on Leo changing this is what I put down at the start of D2:

Small thing but this made me feel better about VA last night:

I don't think scum VA would have been willing to sacrifice like that at that time (Fanto switched her vote just right before that VA post) so I am tentatively feeling good about that slot today.

Basically I reexamined and after how VA acted at the end I felt good about the slot.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Looking through this it kind of feels like an intentional mix up from Monkey reads, and especially from a quick skim. Do you have anything updated since you have more time in the game?
Why would I intentionally mix up Monkeys reads? I subbed in and wanted to recalibrate the slot with my own point of view.
Regarding it being a skim, Rando pointed out the same thing and I feel like it got misinterpreted. Those are skim impressions because I read the game before subbing it but on a surface spectator level rather than with the same depth I would while actively playing.

I posted some updated reads yesterday but my PoE today is you, malus, EC. I'm still townreading Stans Sparks interactions right now but would like his updated thoughts as the game has moved on a good bit since he last checked in.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Still have good vibes on both monkey and Hedin, moved HP to the possible scum category alongside malus and VA/Leo, and am interested in the rationale that Hawthorn, VA/Leo and Stan used to end up voting for nin, who we now know is a confirmed innocent.

What does the bottom of your list look like now that Leo is gone? Is it still HP & malus?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What does the bottom of your list look like now that Leo is gone? Is it still HP & malus?
HP goes a click up the list every day he survives, to be honest. If he's a cop, why isn't he dead yet?
malus is still on there due to the lack of a vote at the end of day 2.

Might throw Sneeks on the list now too, less due to the lack of a vote at the end of day 2, as she was a replacement, but more due to other factors.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who would you have voted for, if you would have been here?
I doonnn't think I would've voted for Leo all things considered. I kinda agree with malus' that i dont think a scum!leo digs into monkey like that since he would know it's possibly real. FEP i would've gone to until his claim of doctor since that explains his insistance on Eddy and why he kept hounding there for so long. I likely would've ended on malus.
Because I want to know if he was roleblocked. It's likely that we have a Town roleblocker as well, so if feps tried to save Eddy/Rando we know that he was blocked from doing so. It also means that whoever our own roleblocker blocked wasn't Scum.
Not true. It would just mean that person did not submit the kill. they could still be scum and done something else/not acted as the killer.

HP goes a click up the list every day he survives, to be honest. If he's a cop, why isn't he dead yet?

Might throw Sneeks on the list now too, less due to the lack of a vote at the end of day 2, as she was a replacement, but more due to other factors.
other factors?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.

Don't you think someone would've counter-claimed me if i was lying?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the interaction between Monkey and Leo felt very much like Town!Leo.

It depends on how two roleblockers would be resolved. If we can clear more people, it also means the pool of possible Scum candidates gets smaller, increasing our chances to find the Scum roleblocker as well. We can also only afford one more miselimination, so there's not that much more time for claims but I'd be fine with waiting one more day.

That doesn't matter though. We know the kill went through, so if feps tried to save Eddy/Rando we still know he was blocked.

Reread your D2 and I had a question. I know you said you forgot to vote and that you would have gone EC but what do you feel about FEP? You're focusing a whole lot on mechanics over anything else and I honestly feel like it's scum busy work to get out of other reads. You don't mention Leo much until you finally Town read him at the end there and it's rather out of the blue. Much of your time is about FEP and how Eddy could be scum.
Most likely scenario is that Scum doesn't have a Godfather.

The claims also feel believable to me, so I'm going to trust the green check on you for now.

I don't quite understand this reasoning. Are you aware that the protection only applies during the night phase?

There is a 50% chance that T is chosen for each individual roll, so the most likely outcome is 3 or 4 Ts.

The probability for each outcome is:
  • 0.78125% = 7Ts (SK)
  • 5.46875% = 6Ts (no SK)
  • 16.40625% = 5Ts (SK)
  • 27.34375% = 4Ts (no SK)
  • 27.34375% = 3Ts (SK)
  • 16.40625% = 2Ts (no SK)
  • 5.46875% = 1T (SK)
  • 0.78125% = 0Ts (no SK)
With Fanto flipping SK we can eliminate some scenarios:
  • p[7Ts | SK] = 1.56%
  • p[5Ts | SK] = 32.81%
  • p[3Ts | SK] = 54.68%
  • p[1Ts | SK] = 10.94%

Yes. 2 Goons + Roleblocker would be 3 Ts. Only 2 Mafia if we are in 5 T world.

Btw, the 7T scenario is also impossible because we have two claimed roles.

Without more claims it's entirely possible that we are in 5 T World, but I'd rather leave that possibility for a future day phase and not have a mass claim on D2.

exactly.
If we remove the 7T scenario, Godfather / no Godfather would be about 44.45% / 55.55%

I thought EoD was an hour later, so my vote was on the player I was most suspicious of. I then went to make dinner and came back to nin's dead body.

Feps questioning of Eddy doesn't strike me as Scum tbh. He isn't really asking about mechanics and more about intentions. I would be lying if I said I didn't raise an eyebrow when Eddy claimed he protected Leo.

It doesn't make sense for Scum to fake claim 1-shot cop imo, since it could easily be counterclaimed and there are much better fake claims especially since Scum has more info on the setup than Town.

I could see Leo being on the Scum team. Fanto had him in her "would vote" list and now she's dead. His posts today also feel very surface level to me.

I find it a bit weird to lump the SK into the same boat as Mafia, when they are completely separate teams and I'm convinced Fanto's reads were actually honest.

What made you move HP to "possible scum"? What do you think about the claim?

So you think Scum!HP would tie his teammate with Town!nin 10 minutes before EoD?

Because as a Serial Killer she most certainly did take a shot. Of course she could also have tried to shoot VA/Leo, but since nobody else has claimed the kill, I'm going to assume it was Fanto.

I can see where feps is coming from about switching from VA to Leo so quickly. When Eddy entered the command he would have used Vincent Alexander, so that's technically who he protected, but he came into the thread saying he protected Leo. Further questioning showed however, that he thought it would prevent one kill no matter where it came from, so saying he protected Leo makes sense.

I changed my mind on Leo and I think he's Town now.
One of the hardest things about playing mafia for me is when people get emotional, because it could be Scum faking it. As Mafia you know when an outburst is genuine and pushing through that (at least to me) would feel kind of shitty.

Going to recalibrate this with my skim impressions:

Town:
- Eddy -> Yup, the play just feels too 4d for a brand new player.
- Sneeks -> Also yes, given the odds of hitting a godfather.

The rest is where we start to diverge.

Town lean:
- HP: claiming this early as scum is risky, especially 1 down
- Leo: I feel like day 1 end was TvTvT, leading to the somewhat relaxed end. Fanto was the only one invested in breaking the tie as the least informed baddie. His stubbornness on Monkey on this page doesn't read like scum who know the slot is town.

Null
- Hedin: only memorable moment was his hesitation to tie break on Nin. At face value that looks slightly Scummy, but Hedin specifically may have preferred to be on wagon here as scum.
- Feps: complete null on day 1. Only thing standing out today is grilling Eddy which is.. fine? I'd like more from him.
- Stan: nothing comes to mind from Stan. Will check how Monkey arrived at a town lean here.

Scummy:
- malus: Voting off wagon, statistical busywork. Both feel very similar to his scum game last game where I yelled from spec.
- EC: Feels a bit more self conscious than our previous games, I am used to him speaking his mind and not caring about looking scummy
hey wiz, why did you not vote FEP at day end and instead voted Leo? you said it was to stop a tie but you could have gone to FEP there

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Reread your D2 and I had a question. I know you said you forgot to vote and that you would have gone EC but what do you feel about FEP? You're focusing a whole lot on mechanics over anything else and I honestly feel like it's scum busy work to get out of other reads. You don't mention Leo much until you finally Town read him at the end there and it's rather out of the blue. Much of your time is about FEP and how Eddy could be scum.
I have the same thing with malus, it feels like a lot of mechanics talk and but no real reads before we got a little bit today. Also where are my vote charts?!

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
stan reread;

big thing that jumped out is that stan DID press scum!sparks day 1 for his nin vote but then didn't actually do anything further with it. as he says here, he was suspecting that maybe sparks was sneaking on to his vote and, to me, that would say stan was aware a possible scum player was following him. wouldn't that make you question your initial vote on nin?
You can say it, i was being a dickhead in my grillin of sparks, this was on purpose as i didnt want to leave any chance of confusion or miscommunication, i wanted straight answers.
I questioned him because i suspected he was trying to sneak on to a vote i had spearheaded, and i doubled down as i figured a lack of good reasoning was a good enough indicatior of that. Maybe the first time my instinct on Sparks has turned out correct.
Your follow up questions seemed odd to me as i felt his initial failure to answer was pretty clear cut.

As to the dearth of substance, every point of D1 contection has been resolved and its easter, i cant say im surprised at the current energy.

even though he admits his scum-ish feeling on monkey is because her questioning him was an impossible task. if it's impossible, why did he try it? unless without a chat a scum!stan was trying to get a scum!sparks some cover.
Actually heres something.
Dr. Monkey After Sparks gave some lets say 'disappointing' reasoning for his nin vote you made some extra effort to get a more satisfying answer from him, im curious what you actually expected to get from him there. I know im far from the best at reading sparks but even so it looked a bit like trying to get blood from a stone at that point.

Okay i think i see what your saying and i guess we have different ideas on what the term means. Intention dont really factor into it for me, a move thats bad for town is anti town, intent and behaviour and whatever else comes after, hence the big follow up.

and also jumps out of the gate with a;
That is a hilarious night phase.

To the "scum wouldnt stack" idea i feel the need to point out that Sparks voted with a rational that vaguely sounded like what someone playing mafia would say, only to give a "i dunno" once pressed on the most basic reasoning behind it.
I dont think he was really strategizing that vote out.

so, stan. where are you today with reads. still want FEP? what exactly made you suspect of FEP's push yesterday enough to vote him?

convince me you're not scum

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Well I messed up that quote, here is what was under that spoiler which did not belong under a spoiler:

I have the same thing with malus, it feels like a lot of mechanics talk and but no real reads before we got a little bit today. Also where are my vote charts?!

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
hey wiz, why did you not vote FEP at day end and instead voted Leo? you said it was to stop a tie but you could have gone to FEP there
Feps claimed doctor in post #709. I actually missed it when I first joined the thread, but Rando had a post about the setup and his line about there being 2 doctors caught my eye.
Claims in this setup are more likely to be truthful because they lead to 1v1 fights which work out poorly for scum. My town read on Leo was more emotional with regard to his Monkey interaction, so I figured that was a better vote than a potential PR we could solve later.
Leo was also leading counter wagon day 1. That's typically a decent early vig shot to move the game along, I figured the same thing with the day 2 vote.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
This is gonna be shocking seeing as I'm usually the person to push a mass claim but I don't think we should do one in this situation. Leaving scum guessing on the role blocker is more important IMO.

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. Really disappointed with everything right now.

I had my vote on leo because i wanted eddy to be town but the claim just didn't match the pm and i couldn't get a clear picture.

Anyway, i didn't protect random

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
aight, read day 1 finally.

pretty confident monkey/Wiz are Town. pushing there for paranoia of 'what if monkey is SUPER scum tho' is silly and lazy.
dang fanto did a great job looking town lol
how no one pressed sparks' for his comments is beyond me. ya'll whack
my brain and mood are a fucking train derailment and I can't possibly think of who would be a good info flip without seeming scummy

im just at a lost

I wanna hear from nin and zach

No one has really posted anything really outrageous until Nin did his "Im not vanilla townie" which no one should trust that ever and nin is such a smooth fuckin operator i'd wait that claim out. Now, (and this all based on hazy recollection) now im the one who accidentally roleclaims on day one but that one incident was based on trying to build a towncore with launch. I remember that getting me voted off on day one so Im still shitposting but Im waiting for town to do something.

Nin's post are smelly and stan is just stan.

I want to know more but I'll just wait it out idk

vote: nin

Would be good for a info flip at least

stan comes to the conclusion of nin VERY early on and just doesn't budge. doesn't really engage him later either before the day ends and i've already stated above about his brief push of sparks (who he thinks was being suspect) but it doesn't impact his nin vote at all. could see a scum!stan locking himself into a town vote and refusing to move.

could see as a team: hedin/sparks/malus;
Thoughts in that order: Hmmm, ehh but probably a pass, and good with me

Malus is tricky. He's not a prolific poster by any means and usually stays on the fringes but can't say that I love him not really being around this calendar day. I would need more than just inactivity from him to make me vote there for real but it's something that I want to keep an eye on.

Sparks I have defended before from yeeting on D1 and my stance really hasn't changed. I do want to see him throw out more than just word salads but I'm OK with giving him time for now to see what he brings.

EC is not ringing any alarm bells right now, not even the usual "is EC scum or just how he plays" alarm bells. Conspiracy brain could mean we are actually seeing scum EC then but I am not touching that yet.
I'm back from "vacation" and should now have a bit more time for the game!

I wouldn't really call my read on Fanto as a meta read. I can't really compare it to other times she's played, because that was almost a year ago. It's more the way she entered the thread.

So far I'd say nin's vanilla claim is NAI. It's certainly unorthodox but too often we punish unorthodox play and it turns out it was Town.

My (mostly based on gut reads) read list:

Wouldn't vote today:
Fanto
Eddy
EC

The zone of "wouldn't be my first choice":
Monkey
nin
FDS

Could vote today:
Hedin
Stan
Hawthorn

Would vote today:
feps
HP
VA

feps is a bit of a special case. He hasn't played in a while so I wouldn't want to eliminate him D1, but I didn't particularly like him reducing the Fanto reads as meta, when that wasn't really the case. His question to me about the reason for my read also felt a little forced and like he wanted to push it into meta territory.

malus' read of nin is fairly 'shrug, dunno' and doesn't seem to give a reason as to why he doesn't go there Day 1. just says it's likely a 'bad vote' and hops elsewhere. knowing that D1 was all Town at the top (barring monkey but i think she's town) then scum could do whatever and be fine. malus fits this perfectly.

plus malus' FEP vote and light EC shade goes nowhere D2, in fact he reverses from voting FEP to agreeing with him for the majority of D2. he also does mechanics talk a whole lot and then frees VA/Leo of a scum read pretty fast. doesn't vote at all and says would have gone for EC but there's not real attempt to solve that spot (or FEP's for that matter)
Tbh, if nin is Town I'd rather leave the Scum team guessing about him.

EC's vote on me is really lazy and is just taking the easiest target.

tldr;

hedin, malus, and stan all look worse
Wiz i really feel is town
EC was an EC D1. not liking D1 is pretty on brand for him but the little bits he did had seemed fine and engaged.

toss-up between malus and stan today

Vote: malus

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I messed up that quote, here is what was under that spoiler which did not belong under a spoiler:

but how does that make you feel

aka whatcha thinking. scum? town? who is his teammate?
Feps claimed doctor in post #709. I actually missed it when I first joined the thread, but Rando had a post about the setup and his line about there being 2 doctors caught my eye.
Claims in this setup are more likely to be truthful because they lead to 1v1 fights which work out poorly for scum. My town read on Leo was more emotional with regard to his Monkey interaction, so I figured that was a better vote than a potential PR we could solve later.
Leo was also leading counter wagon day 1. That's typically a decent early vig shot to move the game along, I figured the same thing with the day 2 vote.
thanks for this.
This is gonna be shocking seeing as I'm usually the person to push a mass claim but I don't think we should do one in this situation. Leaving scum guessing on the role blocker is more important IMO.
:shockedpika:

im kind of in the same boat? we can do mass claims tomorrow but im not sure we need it today?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
aight, read day 1 finally.

pretty confident monkey/Wiz are Town. pushing there for paranoia of 'what if monkey is SUPER scum tho' is silly and lazy.
dang fanto did a great job looking town lol
how no one pressed sparks' for his comments is beyond me. ya'll whack

stan comes to the conclusion of nin VERY early on and just doesn't budge. doesn't really engage him later either before the day ends and i've already stated above about his brief push of sparks (who he thinks was being suspect) but it doesn't impact his nin vote at all. could see a scum!stan locking himself into a town vote and refusing to move.

could see as a team: hedin/sparks/malus;

malus' read of nin is fairly 'shrug, dunno' and doesn't seem to give a reason as to why he doesn't go there Day 1. just says it's likely a 'bad vote' and hops elsewhere. knowing that D1 was all Town at the top (barring monkey but i think she's town) then scum could do whatever and be fine. malus fits this perfectly.

plus malus' FEP vote and light EC shade goes nowhere D2, in fact he reverses from voting FEP to agreeing with him for the majority of D2. he also does mechanics talk a whole lot and then frees VA/Leo of a scum read pretty fast. doesn't vote at all and says would have gone for EC but there's not real attempt to solve that spot (or FEP's for that matter)

tldr;

hedin, malus, and stan all look worse
Wiz i really feel is town
EC was an EC D1. not liking D1 is pretty on brand for him but the little bits he did had seemed fine and engaged.

toss-up between malus and stan today

Vote: malus
Thanks for the analysis Sneeks. I'm willing to back the Malus vote. Probably shouldn't have voted there yesterday with how things panned out but I've seen no real reason to change my mind on Malus.